Posts by BD0101

I purchased one of his packs a few years ago - the guitar tones sound pretty good (nothing I didn't already have elsewhere though), but the real value for me (and the reason I bought the pack) was for the effects. I am useless when it comes to effects. The pack I bought (I believe Kemper Video Tones) has lots of effects and helped me to better learn how to set the effects and how they work, but also just play guitar with his profiles - the freeze was huge for me. Morph also very helpful.

Thanks for this post as I hadn't played Dan's profiles for a while, but spent a few hours just noodling around this weekend with his profiles.

Hi Federico,

Could you please let us know what is the difference between the 34 different profiles in your Plexi LP pack?

I purchased this yesterday, more of as a way to thank you for the LP profile of yours that came with the LP Kemper upgrade - possibly my favorite profile with an IR change.

I haven't really started to play around with the new profiles yet, but when setting the dials to the same values (gain, bass, definition, etc), the profiles sound quite similar - would appreciate knowing what the difference is between the profiles as the description baked into the profiles don't tell us much.

Thank you.

I had this same issue with the new beta version. Just reverted to the non-beta version and I now have audio from my PC through my Kemper again.

Hello,

Hoping I can get some help here - I have been through the manual and used the search function but don't think I have found a solution.

I have primarily been using my Kemper with headphones, with my computer connected to the Return jacks so that I can play along with songs or backing tracks - no problems.

If I want to play through a guitar cabinet, connect Monitor out jack to my Fryette Powerstation - again no issues.

Two years ago I believe I had my setup working and was able to record on my PC but had to move my set up and never bothered to hook it back up.

The issue I am having now not hearing my guitar when the audio interface is on and the quality of sound from my computer is poor through the interface (very loud (maybe clipping) with echo). If I turn off the interface and go directly from my computer to my Kemper, no problems with sound from the PC and can hear the guitar (both through headphones and monitors(when connected directly to the Kemper Stage).

Equipment:

Kemper Stage

Focusrite 8i6 (3rd gen) w/ Focusrite Control 3.11.0.1983

Windows 10 PC

Yamaha HS5 monitors

AudioTechnica ATH-M40X headphones

Reaper DAW

Connections:

-Computer audio out to Kemper Return Jacks

-Audio interface and computer connected via USB

-Audio interface and Kemper connected via SPDIF cables

-Headphones - plugged direct into Kemper (sounded better than into the interface from what I remember from the past)

-Monitors - would like to have these plugged into the interface so that I can use the monitors as computer speakers without having to turn on my Kemper

I've played around with the different settings on the Focusrite Control program as well as on the Kempers Output Source page, but don't seem to be having any luck.

Focusrite settings:

Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Clock Source: S/PDIF

Retain 48V: Enable

Outputs: set to playback 1-2 or S/PDIF 1-2 - those settings show sound, the exception is the S/PDIF Outputs 1-2, if this is set to S/PDIF 1-2 there is squeeling.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, only just seen this.

Origin Effects Cali76 Stacked Edition compressor in front of the Stage.

Origin Effects Revival Drive Compact in Stage loop 1

The A.P.E. with a TC Flashback II in its loop in the second loop on the Stage.

Thanks for that. Currently the only pedal I use with Kemper is a Digitech Freq-out in front of my Stage (and a Boss looper pedal in a Kemper loop if that counts).

I have recently picked up a tube amp (price was too good to pass on) and have thought of picking up some decent pedals, but ones that I could hopefully use with my Kemper - very interesting as I was thinking of trying a compressor and an Echoplex preamp style pedal. Great to hear that others find these of use with their Kemper. Though I suppose it would be better if there was no need as it was all in the Kemper already!

I have the J Rockett A.P.E. pedal and isn't about the tape headroom, it is about the distortion inherent in the preamp of the original drive.

An interesting sound and one of the four pedals I have NOT put on sale after buying my Stage...

... and a lot didn't make the cut.

#lovingthekemper

What are the other three pedals you are keeping?

Never been a big pedal guy, but I'm curious about what I might be missing.

Not an expert but couldn't this be related to the delay/reverb parallel setting? Forgot what its called and where it is in the menu.

You sir are a superstar.

Hit the 'rig' button on my Stage, page 1(of 6), DLY+REV routing was set to +57. No idea why or how (or even what it does). Anyway changed this to 0 and problem solved. Thank you very much.

Now to see what this exactly is....

pages 265-69 of the manual if anybody is interested.

Sure makes one wish he could add the effects loop at the end of the chain and without using up a module...

the easiest explanation for a comb filter like sound would be that the Mix of the Loop module is nor set to 100%

is that the case?

Unfortunately not - Mix is set to 100%.

I did try through my Powerstation into a guitar cabinet this morning and it wasn't that noticeable (didn't play long or loud though) but the minute I switched to headphones, it was very obvious that it was there. I just turned up the volume on the cab and now I do notice the chorusy sound there.

Just noticed this morning that using my looper (Boss RC-3) in the Loop Mono block (placed in the last Rev module) was adding a strange chorus-y type effect to my sound. Turn the module off and the issue goes away. Also the sound with the module enabled is much louder than with it off - I needed to turn the volume down to -4.0 on the Loop Mono to equal the volume of my guitar without the module enabled. I'm pretty sure I did not have these issues last week when I used my looper pedal.

For my presets where I use my looper, I normally have the Rev module with the Loop Mono, the DLY module has a reverb (usually always on), the MOD module has a delay (turn this on and off), the X module has a treble booster.

Troubleshooting:

Problems exist regardless of whether the delay/reverb effects are on or off. As the volume difference never seems to go away, I will only mention it if I notice a change.

1) leave the Loop Mono in the REV module, remove all other effects from the post amp modules = the chorus-y issue goes away.

2) delay or reverb in the DLY module with Loop Mono is the REV module = chorus-y issue is back

3) Delay or reverb in the MOD or X module positions with Loop Mono in the REV module = no chorus-y sound

4) Loop Mono in other post amp module positions with no other post amp effects = no chorus-y sound

5) Loop Mono in X module position, delay or reverb is other post-amp module positions = no chorus-y sound

6)Delay/reverb in REV module position, Loop Mono in DLY module = chorus-y sound is back

7)Delay or reverb in the MOD or X module positions with Loop Mono in the DLY module = no chorus-y sound

8 Loop Mono in MOD module position and delay/reverb in all other post-amp modules = no chorus-y sound

9)Loop Mono in X module position and delay/reverb in all other post-amp modules = no chorus-y sound

10) All other effect types (other than delays and reverbs) do not cause this chorus-y sound - though I only tried one effect preset from each effect type.

I have not updated my Kemper Stage in the last week (I am on version 8.6.6.32765). I suppose it's possible that I've had this issue for a while and never noticed... I play through headphones 50% of the time and into an amp 50% of the time.

Anybody else having this issue or have any suggestions?

I suppose I should try a factory reset though I need to look into what will be removed when I do this first. I manage all my sounds from Rig Manager so hopefully wouldn't be a big deal.

That is fantastic - didn't think to drag the cab icon in Rig Manager. Worked like a charm. Thank you Wheresthedug.

Unfortunately the lock everything but the cab and double clicking on different rigs doesn't work for me (Windows 10), but I can double click on the cab preset to test things out and now adding cab presets isn't that painful.

Thanks again.

Can somebody please give me step-by-step instructions on saving the cab from a profile as a preset?

Also I've read many times about locking everything but the cab section then just clicking on another profile to test out the original profile with the cab from the other profile. I am assuming this is in Rig Manager... I cannot get this to work.

I can lock everything but the cab then click on cab presets to test those out, but not for existing full rigs.

I am on Rig Manager version 3.0.117.16214.

Thanks.