[solved] Sudden Strange Behavior of Loop Mono Block

• Just noticed this morning that using my looper (Boss RC-3) in the Loop Mono block (placed in the last Rev module) was adding a strange chorus-y type effect to my sound. Turn the module off and the issue goes away. Also the sound with the module enabled is much louder than with it off - I needed to turn the volume down to -4.0 on the Loop Mono to equal the volume of my guitar without the module enabled. I'm pretty sure I did not have these issues last week when I used my looper pedal.

For my presets where I use my looper, I normally have the Rev module with the Loop Mono, the DLY module has a reverb (usually always on), the MOD module has a delay (turn this on and off), the X module has a treble booster.

Troubleshooting:

Problems exist regardless of whether the delay/reverb effects are on or off. As the volume difference never seems to go away, I will only mention it if I notice a change.

1) leave the Loop Mono in the REV module, remove all other effects from the post amp modules = the chorus-y issue goes away.

2) delay or reverb in the DLY module with Loop Mono is the REV module = chorus-y issue is back

3) Delay or reverb in the MOD or X module positions with Loop Mono in the REV module = no chorus-y sound

4) Loop Mono in other post amp module positions with no other post amp effects = no chorus-y sound

5) Loop Mono in X module position, delay or reverb is other post-amp module positions = no chorus-y sound

6)Delay/reverb in REV module position, Loop Mono in DLY module = chorus-y sound is back

7)Delay or reverb in the MOD or X module positions with Loop Mono in the DLY module = no chorus-y sound

8 Loop Mono in MOD module position and delay/reverb in all other post-amp modules = no chorus-y sound

9)Loop Mono in X module position and delay/reverb in all other post-amp modules = no chorus-y sound

10) All other effect types (other than delays and reverbs) do not cause this chorus-y sound - though I only tried one effect preset from each effect type.

I have not updated my Kemper Stage in the last week (I am on version 8.6.6.32765). I suppose it's possible that I've had this issue for a while and never noticed... I play through headphones 50% of the time and into an amp 50% of the time.

Anybody else having this issue or have any suggestions?

I suppose I should try a factory reset though I need to look into what will be removed when I do this first. I manage all my sounds from Rig Manager so hopefully wouldn't be a big deal.

• the easiest explanation for a comb filter like sound would be that the Mix of the Loop module is nor set to 100%

is that the case?

Unfortunately not - Mix is set to 100%.

I did try through my Powerstation into a guitar cabinet this morning and it wasn't that noticeable (didn't play long or loud though) but the minute I switched to headphones, it was very obvious that it was there. I just turned up the volume on the cab and now I do notice the chorusy sound there.

• Not an expert but couldn't this be related to the delay/reverb parallel setting? Forgot what its called and where it is in the menu.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Not an expert but couldn't this be related to the delay/reverb parallel setting? Forgot what its called and where it is in the menu.

You sir are a superstar.

Hit the 'rig' button on my Stage, page 1(of 6), DLY+REV routing was set to +57. No idea why or how (or even what it does). Anyway changed this to 0 and problem solved. Thank you very much.

Now to see what this exactly is....

pages 265-69 of the manual if anybody is interested.

Sure makes one wish he could add the effects loop at the end of the chain and without using up a module...

• Huh - I got lucky. Glad you got it sorted.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM