Posts by vjelen

Please contact Kemper support with your request re factory reset. They will send you precise procedure how to do it. What is written above in this thread is just cleaning procedure not deep factory reset. I know the correct procedure which is slightly different for Stage and rest of product portfolio but I think support guys want to have control about this so I am not going to disclose it.

My understanding is that initial purpose of direct profiles were for connecting Kemper and real guitar cabinet! Direct profiles were "invented" long before Kabinet or Kone were introduced so not because of Kone.

So your assumption

... So when it comes to live playing with a PA, I assume that studio and merged profiles are the much better choice than direct profiles.

is correct :)

I suppose you have Stage and live in Germany. So if it is still under warranty why don't you send it to Kemper for repair? I live in Czech republic and the whole repair procedure took approx. 2 weeks.

So my performance in this post is honorable, they is more thant 10% likes, a wonderful parformance in a furum, despite switches-lovers are so agressive to explain their love in ... metal button-pushing :)'

I wonder how did you come to this 10% likes in this post? Please don't count mine, I hit "like" instead of "quote" by accident. I can see only 2 likes in your opening post of this thread. Majority of responses were rather negative.

From the Main manual 7.5, page 97:

The KEMPER Kone speaker and KEMPER Kone mode in the PROFILER are a perfect match. Therefore, please donot run the KEMPER Kone without the KEMPER Kone mode activated. You should also refrain from running the KEMPER Kone speaker with any sound generator other than the PROFILER. If you do, it will not sound good, and will certainly not sound as intended. The same applies for running the KEMPER Kone mode into another speaker — this will also not sound good.

Read carefully manual before you got angry! I don't understand what are you complaining about?

You can switch from Performace 1 to Performance 2 simply by pressing UP switch. And in the system setings you can choose if you want to load slot 1 or the current. And another option is to choose "pending" - see the description. So you have 3 options you can choose from. So what Kemper exceptions and non logical Kemper language are you talking about? If is really best practice to read manual 1st.

In the output menu you set global imprint and this setting is valid globaly for all rigs. However in the cabinet settings of particular rig you can override this global setting with different imprint or full range mode. So it is very flexible!

And you can find a lot of info about Kone & imprints usage in Main manual 7.5 starting page 95. And btw I am using Kone with Hotone Loudster and it works perfectly for me :)

I did comprasion studio vs. direct profiles with some of Tone Junkie packs, since he is the only profile producer I know who is selling studio and direct profiles equivalents. And I didn't notice any difference (at least my ears :) ) when running those through Kone & particular imprint. The cab separation seems to work pretty well in my view. But I am an old guy and my ears are definitely not 100% perfect :)