Posts by GuitarOfJustice

what exactly you want to do with the Profiler!

I wanna enjoy good heavy rocking guitar tones I'm going to jam in a acustic/sound isolated room. It makes more fun to play along backing tracks and enjoying good high gain guitar tones in the room. Just me playing for my self and my friends/family. No gigs no concert. Genre is Heavy Rock & Metal.

What do you need more?

It's never the same like playing with headphones.

You write "bandroom" but also you write "alone" and "no drummer". What's the purpose of a bandroom without a band? Or did you just mix up bedroom with bandroom?

Bandroom because my apartment has not very good acustic isolation, so If I wanna enjoy good heavy rocking guitar tones I'm going to jam in a acustic/sound isolated room, I call the for simplicity "bandroom". And some day, I hope soon, I move to a house with better isolation and fewer neighbours and then I don't need a bandrom anymore probalby....

you don't need a Kabinet, you don't need a PA speaker, you don't need a guitar cab.

I need a studio monitor? or front monitor?

Thank you guys yeky83, vjelen, andrezuppe and V8guitar so much for helping and explaining!

I have at the moment a Kemper and I'm going to buy a Axe-FX 3 soon. The Kemper producers say, that the Kemper Kabinet is for Kemper only. Do they mean for amp-modelers? or really just for Kemper? or is it absolutly fine to use the Kemper Kabinet with the Axe-Fx 3 if I really want the best sound-result out of both units.

Kabinet or some cab with Kone is what you probably need. But you are asking questions that you can easily answer yourself if you read basic materials: Main manual and Addendum 7.5

I believe the Kone is moving to much air, I think I have a better sound quality with speakers for lower volume? or is the Kone also perfect for quiet playing at home/bandroom (alone with no drummer)?

Only you can decide what is better for your band room or home use.

What do you mean "authentic as possible?" Authentic amp & cab sounds? Or authentic DI sounds? This choice is also up for you to pursue.

Therefore I have to know the differenc between Monitor, PA, guitar speaker and cabinet.

With authentic as possible, I mean no coloring the sound of the Kemper RIG profiles (amp & cab) with wrong speaker hardware choice. I guess it should be a linear full-range flat-response (FRFR) output device? but which one is good for home / bandroom use? I like to have good tone in small rooms (no concert halls).

Is the Kemper Kabinet FRFR? are Monitors FRFR? PA?

So what is better for bandroom / home use? I guess more linear speakers/boxes are the best? Which one are the most linear ones? Monitor? PA? Kemper Kabinet?

I don't need alot of power, just sound output that the RIG profiles are as authentic as possible.

And what is the diffrence between a cabinet and a guitar speaker? or why they call it cabinet simulation and speaker imprint

the question also raises from following

Quote from Addendum

You probably use Direct PROFILEs in your live set, such as acoustic guitar sounds or bass Rigs. Direct PROFILEs
    are marked by having the cabinet module set to “Empty” and feature a full-range sound that will be very unpleasant
    through a traditional guitar speaker. Therefore, in Speaker Imprint mode (Monitor Cab Off active), when switching to
    a Direct PROFILE, KEMPER Kone will automatically switch to full-range mode for that Rig. No preparation required!

It means that running direct amp profiles without cab with a speaker imprint makes no sense, because its not a cabinet simulation?

I have the same problem jstoffel.

while tweeking and browsing/listening the ear is ajusting to the actual tone and so is your persenal internal reference sound/hearing shifting along with it.

I guess for the most of us there is no "absolute sense" for tone / sound. Maybe it has also to do with the fact that the most of us don't have a perfect/absolut pitch.

Howdy Kempers

I'm a little confused with the constelation and terms of active & passive Kemper Kabinet / Speak Imprints / Cabinet Simulation / Monitor Cab-Off.

So what is the way to go (or what are the differences) to use the Kemper Profiler reasonable with a speaker/box.

They say the Kemper Kabinet can imprint speakers, how is that done? is it integrated in the Kemper Kabinet? or is it done by the Profiler? what about the simulated/profiled cabinets in the rig-profiles? can I use them properly only with a PA-speaker? or?

What is the diffrence between active an passive Kemper Kabinet? does it have a own integrated power amp? or just extra power supply? and why?

Thanks for helping me out =)

cheers

Marc

Read Kemper Main Manual 7.5, page 90.

Thanks, so it tells me I need a Wattmeter in my third party power amp. And I have to check it, if I change the volume or using the bass boost.

My conclusion for a good power amp in general and for Kemper Cabinet:

--> Also prepared for future, diffrent setups / requirements

It should have :

• Class-D digital amplifier hardware with as linear as possible behaviour
    • at least 300 Watt peak power output
    • stereo output
    • 3 outputs or switch for diffrent speaker impedance: 4, 8 and 16 Ohm
    • Wattmeter

Did I miss something?

----> What about using a monitor or PA? do I need special outputs on my power amp for having those?

Two more questions when considering the Kemper Cabinet:

1) When I wanna use the full power of the cabinet, do I need a 200 * sqrt(2) = 282 Watt peak power amp?

so at least 282W means a 300W power amp?

2) Is it possible that a power amp with more than 282W can damage the Kemper cabinet at full volume? f.ex. a 300W, 400W amps?

the Kemper build-in power unit has 600W peak. Does it have a special electric circuit to prevent damaging a cab?

Ich muss sagen, ich finde es nicht. Aber was ich gefunden habe, ist, dass die Information mit dem SPDIF Slave schon im Juni bekannt war. Es könnte also sein, dass ich dies gelesen habe und darauf hin das eigene Kemper Baujahr wissen wollte. Und es 3 Monate später vergessen hatte :wacko:

Dinge gibts, die sollte es nicht geben :/:S

Hi Kempers

I have a Kemper Head without the power unit build in. I'm looking for a final stage / power amp for at home and in a bandroom (no life gigs or concerts). I guess I can buy a third party product? or do I really need the Kemper power unit? also If I wanna use the Kemper Cabinet?

If not, what should I have to note when buying such a third party final stage / power amp? How many power? Connections / Interfaces? Manufactures recommandations?

Thank you guys so much for helping me out =)

Wir erwähnen das nicht "immer mal wieder", sondern nur ein einziges Mal, nämlich da, wo es um S/PDIF Clock Slave bei klassischen Modellen geht. Zwischen den Modellen Head, Reck, PowerHead und PowerRack gibt es noch die selben Unterschiede wie seit deren Einführung.

Aber ich hatte in einem Changelog (oder sonst wo) vom Juni (glaub ich zumindest) etwas gelesen über Einschränkungen älter im Baujahr 2018/2019 und darauf hin wollte ich wissen, wann meiner Hergestellt wurde. Siehe Thread -> Is there a way to find out the year of manufacture of the KPA?

Mich interessiert das Baujahr nicht die Bohne, ausser es gibt Extras oder Verbesserungen, dann will ich schon wissen, ob ich die habe oder nicht. Desshalb wollte ich auch das Baujahr damals rausfinden. Ich dachte auch bis dahin (Juni 2020) dass alle Kemper Head seit 2011 exakt gleich währen. Bis ich damals das gegenteil gelesen habe. (logischweise abgesehen vom powermodul usw.)

Würde man hier anders agieren, müsste man, wie oben schon gesagt, verschiedene OS-Versionen pflegen, oder aber, wie es im Bereich PCs, Smartphones etc. üblich ist, irgendwann mal die älteren Geräte nicht mehr mit neuer Firmware versorgen und somit zum Alteisen erklären...

Also wenn sich die Basis der Hardware nicht ändert kann man die gleiche Firmware (OS) auch für unterschiedliche HW-Konfigurationen verwenden.

z.B. nur weil sich ein Bluetooth-Chip innerhalb eines Gerätes ändert, wird keine neue Firmware dafür gemacht, es wird die Bestehende ergänzt (eine Option hinzugefügt), welche dann für den alten wie auch den neuen Funktioniert.

Genau das, machen auchen die auch z.B. bei den Grafikkarten. Dort hat man für eine ganze Serie einen Grafiktreiber, und da unterscheiden sich die HW innerhalb der Serie mit mehr/weniger Arbeitsspeicher, 1 oder 2 Displayports, usw.