Posts by toolowd

There is something I do in the studio that I wish the Kemper did. I want to slightly (< 30 milliseconds) delay on only ONE side of the kemper.

I have a pedal that will do it (keeley 30 MS double tracker) But if I use it in the effects loop, I cannot use the monitor output to go to my stereo Kemper Kabinets (using a powered head and a freyette power station for the other side) this way I can have the kemper cabinet eq on these Kones. That has to be in the monitor out section. I send direct to FOH from the xlrs.

unfortunately my Pink Floyd tribute band (Atom Heart Mother) doesn't use in ears, and I need to play live onstage.

does anybody have a suggestion for my dilemma?

Here is a video for fun...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks,

Rich

I am having issues trying to get the Kemper delays even to be panned in my system.

1st of all. I am on OS 8.7.4 on a Powered head.

Right side: I have one cabinet loaded with 2 Kones in a marshall 2x12 cab powered by the kemper powered head.

Left side: I have a Freyette Power station connected to a Kemper Cab.

The "Monitor Stereo" box is checked in the output section

The "Monitor out link" is checked (so I can vary the stage volume)

On The Kemper Kone page

Kemper Kone is checked

Monitor stereo Is checked.

I can't get a ping pong delay to save my live to be stereo.

I am using the "Direct out" 1/4 inch jack to feed the power station input.

When I listen to headphones the patches are stereo.

This is the first time I am trying this, so I don't know if it is a product of the latest software NOT working correctly or that I don't have it hooked up correctly in the first place.

thanks for the help!

Rich

I have been using the kemper power head for a few years in bands and am really liking it.

I have never used it for my Pink Floyd band Atom Heart Mother. I would like to. I am just getting too old to carry my Marshall 1971 50 watt half stack and a wet amp and that huge pedal board/with tape echos, etcetera. There are a few songs where the panning of the wet dry is very dramatic in some of the Dotted 8th stuff, "Run Like Hell", for example.

Is there any way to pan the dry signal in the Kemper? I would hate to loose that tone as it always gets a great response. I guess I could send a signal to my eventide timeline and then to FOH separately and let our engineer figure it out, but I was hoping there was a way to do it in a patch.

thanks for all the help in the past with the Kemper.

Rich Morpurgo

Here is a clip with my marshall and tape echos and some pedals.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have played in a Pink Floyd Tribute for about 10 years and alway used a Wet/Dry rig. Sometimes it must be extremely panned, as in dry - Left and wet - Right. I wish the kemper would let me do this. It should be simple and it sounds great for some things!

Please Kemper Team!!!!!!!

I am having the same problems. using it to open for Trace Adkins on friday and wish it didn't do this. I am using a strat with pretty weak pickups, stack isn't on, and only using a compressor after it to try to get some level out of this thing. Does the crackle even with the compressor in bypass. I am not compressing anything, just using it for level.

Rich Morpurgo

It seems if I play the B or high E string too hard with the acoustic sim, there is some ugly digitalish distortion. I am not playing very hard at all.

I have played it on two gigs so far and cant seem to play light enough ( fiingerstyle with a strat neck or middle pickup).

Any ideas?

thanks

rich

I think the transpose function (used in the Rig window)

will work and keep me from bringing an extra guitar for open tuned slide (one guitar open E and one oped D ),

The problems seems to be that I cant change rigs in a performance and keep the key change. This seems like it would function another way.

I guess my only option is to copy the performance to another slot and add a transpose to a stomp slot?

Thanks!

I am using an old dunlop volume pedal, which I think is the same case as a crybaby, with a momentary switch and 10K pot from CE distribution and it works fine for the wah. I am not sure it is as good as my 1967 Vox, but it is close enough for gigging. I have been wanting to take the vox off my board because of the its value anyway.

It was really easy to switch. The pot from CE has the gear on it allready. I had to drill another hole for the switch jack.

FYI. I have a powered head and Kemper Kone. it is the shit! I play a 1970 marshall small box into a 1970 4x12 and this 1x12 will keep up.

AND, I am playing my own profiles, so I have a point of reference!

don't need anything else!

except this lockdown to get over with and start playing gigs again.

Rich Morpurgo

I have a Kemper Kabinet and a powered head. I am interested in using a wedge that I have a Kone in and a power amp to be able to monitor stereo live.

Can I use the other output? Does it have the eq for the Kone in it as well?

I have to say that this Kone is the best thing to happen to me . I am a relatively new Kemper powerhead owner and bought this to gig with (although I produce records in a studio and it has been great for that). I have had a hard time monitoring myself live. I did one gig with in-ears and it was fine. Most of my gigs are just a band on a stage and one or two monitor mixes and thats it.

My second gig was a corporate affair and I used a JBL EON 610. While it sounded fine at low volumes, when I got it up to gig volume it turned out it was a faulty cabinet (probably a poweramp-processor problem). I have since gotten a new one, but have not unpacked it since I got it.

The Kone is great. I have played it at gig volumes and don't seem to exceed 25 watts on the meter. Any I am using the celestion K12H-200 TC which is the non kemper version. It didn't sound good until the new software for the Kone arrived. It is an 8 OHM speaker and the kemper powerhead is plenty loud for me. My other rig is a 1971 small box marshall into a scumback loaded 4x12 into a Freyette PS 2 ( to turn it down). This rig is just fine volume wise. It finally feels good playing it with the Kone. I may use the Power Station and another Kone for stereo. I have a credit at Sweetwater that will buy a Kabinet right now.

BTW, I have been using profiles of my amp rig to keep the growning pains down and this finally feels and sounds like it!!!!!! AND now i can add MBritt and other profiles to the rig as I go. I am exited again. Now if this damned Covid-19 would gp away and the gigs might start up again!!!!

Thanks C. Kemper for a great product!!!

Rich Morpurgo

http://www.midwestaudiorecording.com