Kemper Power Rack - stereo out to guitar cab? Drive 2 cabs?

• Hey guys.

New Kemper owner here. Got the Power Rack about a week and a half ago and am loving it. Is it possible to run stereo out to my guitar cab? All my research indicates that there's only one output for cabs and it's mono. That's kind of a bummer.

Impedance: Does the Power Rack automatically figure out the impedance of the connected cab? I can't find a setting in the Output menus so I assume so?

Also, is there a way to drive two cabs since there's only one output?

Many thanks!

• It's mono.
    Yes it automatically figures out impedance.

We've been driving one Marshall 2x12, today we hit a 4x12...totally unbelievable tone.
    Why drive anything more than one 4x12 in mono, can anyone need/tolerate more power than that? :)

• yea that's the one bummer. the power amp is mono. It doesn't make sense, because there's stereo effects in there? any way, I think you would have to run the non powered stereo outs, in to a additional stereo power amp. I'm new at this (have a power head about a month) so I could be wrong. My marshall 2x12 can be run stereo or mono.

• Thanks, everyone.

Yeah, with the effects in stereo it's be great if the power amp was too. My Marshall 4x12 can be run mono or stereo, so it's mono for now. I'm getting amazing tone, so I can't really complain too much, but stereo out to cab would be a really nice feature for the future IMHO.

• The power rack is NOT stereo? Are you kidding? I am about to buy one of these and that was a HUGE "must have" feature wise for me. I may not buy one of these now. $2772 and I bet 6 months after I buy it they will come out with a stereo powered version. I must say that I am extremely disappointed.

• The non powered rack has true stereo outputs? The effects would be stereo? If so I'll do that. It'd just be nice if it was already built in. I really wish I knew why they just didn't do that.

• Guys, always carefully read the data sheets before buying anything 8)

To summarize:

• Main outs (on all versions) are stereo. They are always active, whether or not you use the power amp;
    • The power amp is conceived to run with a guitar cab, which is (very) usually mono;
    • I'm not sure about the effectiveness of a stereo effect when used with loudspeakers which are so close to each other such as in a 4x12, and for a number of reasons which led Kemper to use a mono amp;
    • The Profiler is vastly usable (and used) in studio and can drive a stereo power amp as well or two active cabs, so the stereo fx make perfect sense regardless the power amp being mono.
    • KPA-Solution provide the Camplifier, a retrofit stereo power amp which can be purchased later and self-installed (I mean, the user can install it by themselves LOL).

:)

• I guess that makes no sense to me. It's a mono amp. So then you can't take advantage of the stereo effects like delay/reverb/chorus into two cabs in a live situation. Does this "camplifier" that you talk about void the warranty if you self install?

Also where are you seeing this? I've searched this website top to bottom.

• I think the idea is that, in general, most live situations aren't set up for a good stereo sound - some audience members will only get one side, some will get comb filtering if you have any sort of doubling effect going on, and unless you're the only instrument playing it's going to be a really washy mix. Venues where stereo works well are probably going to have a nice FOH system for you to run into.

Camplifier modules shouldn't void the warranty, since they just screw into the Kemper's expansion cavity with no changes to internal wiring. They have their own power supply, so you'd run two cables to your power strip or use a Y cable to plug both in together, and then you just run cables from the Kemper's outs to the Camplifiers ins and then out to your stereo setup.