noise after profiling

• At first I want to say hi to the community. I'm a quite new Kemper owner, got my Kemper Rack a few days ago :)
    I did some tests with profiling and something caught my attention: in profiling mode, right after the profiling process, after the test sounds have been played,
    when listening to the Kemper profile I get a noise floor which does not come from the guitar itself- the guitar, when played, overlays that noise - it rather sounds like a short loop of noise recorded when no guitar signal was there. It really seems to be a short loop of sound (white noise as I profiled a high gain reference amp) while no guitar is playing and it is only audible when listening to the Kemper profile, not when switching to reference amp. I can't turn it off with the noise gate, it's only affected by the volume/ master volume knobs. The noise stops as soon as I hit the "Store"-Button and is not present in the profile.
    Has anybody experienced that too or have I overseen something? Firmware is 2.2.1.8963. I think everything is working fine but I thought this to be a bit strange. Looks like a software issue for me...

Cheers,
    kuraceau

playing Kemper Rack Version

• Do you A/B with the amp in the same room? Or do you A/B the profile and the mic'ed amp sound say in a control room?
    The hiss actually is the recorded hiss from your amp as the mic "hears" it. It is recorded temporarily to make A/B comparison fair. It's gone when you save the profile or switch back to Browse or Perform mode.

• I've had this too. On one Profile my insane drummer buddie yelled 'SATAN, SATAN' at the mic during profiling, after profiling was finished we heard a looped 'ATAN, ATAN'. Incredibly evil profile, may not be unleashed on humanity.

• Thank you for the quick replies! I'm A/B'ing it in the same room. Well, that SATAN-thing made me laugh :D
    Glad to hear this is normal behaviour of the Kemper.

Thanks again,
    kuraceau

playing Kemper Rack Version

• it rather sounds like a short loop of noise recorded when no guitar signal was there

You´re right, that´s how the profiling works. In the process of the profiling the KPA captures a short sample of the background noise when no test tone is being heard. However, this "noise loop" has no influence on the profile. It´s just for making a better comparison between the original amp, that has a background noise and the KPA profile, which will not have that noise floor in it. Without the added noise floor sample, the A/B comparison would lead to many users stating that profile sounds different from the original amp.
    As soon as you switch to browse mode, the noise loop is gone.

I had the same situation when a friend of mine brought his amp for a profiling session. When he first head the profiling test tones he made a laughing statement and his voice could be heard in a loop when the profile was done.

• Haaaaaaaaaaa!!! this just happened to me! I discovered that if I have a plug inserted the 1/4" return jack, the mike input won't work. Once I figured it out I continued profiling an amp that was in the same room and I yelled "yup, that's it" . When the profile was finished, there it was, playing in a continous loop.. "yup yup yup yup..."

:P :P :P Scared the crap out of me until I figured out what it was!!! ;(