Global Loudness / Sound Level

• That's exactly what I mean........if I switch to a different patch after the sound guy checks stage volume levels it would be nice right? If I'm playing at home I guess that would be alright but it sucks playing live.

• Well, isn't the volume control enough to adjust the single profiles levels? I mean not the master volume but the sound volume which is saved with each profile when you store it. Of course dist sound have a total different body compared to the cleans but at least the volume would be somewhat equalized.......

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Well, isn't the volume control enough to adjust the single profiles levels? I mean not the master volume but the sound volume which is saved with each profile when you store it. Of course dist sound have a total different body compared to the cleans but at least the volume would be somewhat equalized.......

I don't know / how to do that...........that would work........can you tell me what steps there are to do this..........I'm REALLY not tech savvy / dummie mode

Thanks!

• See that big button on the lower right hand side of the Kemper labelled 'VOLUME'? That knob adjusts the volume of the specific profile. You could therefore have one profile that has the volume knob set to say 12 O'clock (and saved), and on another profile it could be set to say 2 O'clock (and saved), to match the volume of the profile you have just set to 12 O'clock.

Onerous thing to have to do though. Be easier if they could be normalised in some way without having to set each individual profile volume separately, i.e. select a reference profile and get all other profiles set to that one in terms of volume output.

• Coming from various modelers and real amps, the KPA does an AMAZING job at keeping the same relative volume across all profiles. Key word there is relative, if you know the physics of clean sounds vs. distorted.

Having said that, you will notice most of the TAF profiles have an added dB boost that you need to turn off before using and some of the random profiles found on the Rig Exchange have not been properly set up. But, overall, if you use the Factory Rigs and TAF rigs with the post-amp EQ boost turned off, you can adjust the rest to match those. I use the said post-amp EQ slot to adjust by a few dB where needed. I use around 50-60 profiles in a night and maybe 3 of those required volume adjustments.

As Ingolf said, if you read the manual and other tips this should not be an issue at all with the KPA IMHO. The FOH guys love me for that reason.

J

• See that big button on the lower right hand side of the Kemper labelled 'VOLUME'? That knob adjusts the volume of the specific profile. You could therefore have one profile that has the volume knob set to say 12 O'clock (and saved), and on another profile it could be set to say 2 O'clock (and saved), to match the volume of the profile you have just set to 12 O'clock.

Onerous thing to have to do though. Be easier if they could be normalised in some way without having to set each individual profile volume separately, i.e. select a reference profile and get all other profiles set to that one in terms of volume output.

Lol.........thanks kind sir!