Posts by Elbutcho

I tried to help you but you turn down every suggestion people give. Sound almost like a troll . Your headphones work or not btw? Someone asked you if your headphones works. Your reply: I dont use headphones. LOL

I haven't turned any suggestion down, please show me where I have dismissed any suggestion...

Not to get into a argument but the question to me about the headphone was:

Quote from dmatthews: Do you get sound on the headphone out?
    My reply was: No I don't have any headphones at the moment.
    Thanks for your help

Shut down the Kemper , unplug it . Use the same cables ....Plug another device (a synth, a module, a radio whatever you got) and test first of all . Just to check that the problem is the Kemper and not something else in the chain. So if another device plays perfectly ... then at least you'll know your problem is at one place . Replug the Kemper and work on it. Its important to ISOLATE the problem first of all

I've already tried other guitars, new cables, cab and different cabs, still nothing. All that and the output or input lights staying on with no guitar plugged in is very strange.

Do you use a volume pedal? if so is it currently connected?

It looks like you might have had a volume pedal connect which was set at 0 when you unplugged it and the KPA still thinks it is at 0 volume, hence why the tuner is engaged. Check all your volume levels.

Hello and thanks but no I don't use a volume pedal.

Couldn't tell you why the tuner was muted, only noticed it when mentioned.

The wireless is not engaged.

Signal flow: guitar - Kemper - power amp - speakers

That means that it seems like there's a signal coming in (and going out). And the tuner seems to detect a tone as well.

Your last picture shows that you're in Tuner mode with the Profiler muted (while in Tuner mode). Something is strange here. ;)

Why are you saying the tuner is detecting tone......the bubble doesn't move when I strike the strings.

For what is worth I always play / use the Kemper in browser mode. I've never used it in perform mode since I've had the unit.

It's got to be something simple. Is there an overall mute that I could have engaged somehow. I was review material before the show and everything was fine. I shut it down and put the covers on the case and loaded into my vehicle, got to the show and turned it on, plugged in to tune up and noticed the bubble tuner wasn't acting like it was receiving a signal switched it over to browser and nothing!

If the chicken head is on "TUNER" and the "Mute Output" button is checked, what do you expect?

I know there's sound in tuner mode and I just unchecked the mute in tuner and it still not showing it's getting a signal as the bubble doesn't move. What does the mute do in tuner mode anyway?

So yea I sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking but I set my rack Kemper as usual and there's no signal. Checked cables, cabinets and nothing. I can't even get signal for the tuner. I obviously don't know this thing inside and out and it worked before I packed it all up for the gig.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat (not the "underneath the crackle" just a newbie to recording and what software to use) except I run Windows not mac (although I have an Ipad)..............how does the Kemper interdface with recording software?

(Sorry didn't mean to steal the thread but I'n clueless to the recording world)

After I blew out my back and was told to stop lifting over 20lb if I want to keep walking (I had 5 back surgeries already) I sold my Cameron CCV to fund the Friedman Pink Taco. It did not work for me, sold it to buy the Kemper. It works! I just sold my Friedman BE-100 and bought a Mahaffey AW99, it is a 20lb head with 3x33 watt output to run in stereo. etc. I also bought a 1974 Marshall superlead, sent it to Friedman to get modded. I need one old Marshall to be a complete person :) I will rarely take the Marshall out of the house, I just cannot lift it without hurting my back.

Those are some wonderful amps...........what did you like about the Mahaffey over the Friedman amps or the Cameron?

See that big button on the lower right hand side of the Kemper labelled 'VOLUME'? That knob adjusts the volume of the specific profile. You could therefore have one profile that has the volume knob set to say 12 O'clock (and saved), and on another profile it could be set to say 2 O'clock (and saved), to match the volume of the profile you have just set to 12 O'clock.

Onerous thing to have to do though. Be easier if they could be normalised in some way without having to set each individual profile volume separately, i.e. select a reference profile and get all other profiles set to that one in terms of volume output.

Lol.........thanks kind sir!