Cab Discovery - Maybe?

• Interesting discussion :)

I've got to get out the door so playing guitar and trying this isn't an option at the moment so a quick question to further my understanding here....

If I load one of Armin's profiles which he describes as follows:-

1952 Fender® Deluxe
    Model 5B3, dated 1952 with a 12'' Jensen® speaker far miked
    THE famous blues and rock amp.
    (modded for even better sound)

then it's just captured the EQ of the room in the far mike part, not the reverb. So the profile will sound different than the miked amp would at Armin's studio? And to make it sound the same, I just add reverb to taste?

Do I have the right idea or am I looking at this wrong?

• to be a technical jerk, a room doesn't have a frequency response; it has nodes that affect the frequency response, which depend on the location of the audio source and capture devices.

Are you sure about this? Even without nodes, reflections from the walls/ceiling/floor will be equalized depending on the surfaces' ability to variously absorb and reflect the different freqs.
    Since a perceived sound is the sum of direct and reflected waves, the surfaces' transfer function does determine an audio filter, which creates the room's frequency response. This is true even in a room treated to minimize the static waves.

• Real room sound doesn't have any impact on any profile I know of.
    If you want to simulate a room, use a reverb plug in.

+1