Mac version

• Anyone tried to make it work with Crossover? I'd really like to use that app too but there's no way I'm installing Windows on my Mac

Someone mentioned that using Virtual Box you can install Windows on a USB drive and just plug it in when you wanted to use it. I have not tried it though. Currently I am using Parallels on an older family laptop and it is functional but slow. I would not install it on my work laptop though.

• well.. one might think... but taken from their perspective, at least estimating their perspective.. the world revolves around PC's and besides... most of the people they know own PC's... so I'm thinking they don't feel they've made an error in judgement. They're still selling Profilers and people with Macs that are purchasing don't care or even know that a librarian exists.. up until recently, it didn't exist... you bought one and so did I.. so err is human, even if we feel its an error.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• ...most of the people they know own PC's...

Well, then maybe I know the "wrong" people, every musician I know -except one- is using Macs, and I know a lot of musicians.... ;(

I worked on both systems for years, now the only Windows left is W7 via Parallel Desktop on my iMac. I would love to have a RM-Mac-version very soon for my notebooks (Macbook Air and Macbook Pro).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Anyone tried to make it work with Crossover? I'd really like to use that app too but there's no way I'm installing Windows on my Mac

I tried, but I did not get it to work. Generally, Crossover does not play well with external devices. It works pretty well for simple applications, though. :)

• Well, then maybe I know the "wrong" people, every musician I know -except one- is using Macs, and I know a lot of musicians....

Amen brother... you're preaching to the choir! I'a 30 year PC tech that switched to Macs about 3 years ago and never looked back; absolutely love them. The last thing I want in my workflow is a PC now but hey... I don't want to run two OS's on my Mac so I might as well use an old W7 notebook to run RM... it's just collecting dust and hey.. I gain the use of RM; it has it's benefits. I just don't think the peeps at Kemper get it; not speaking poorly of them, but hey designed RM on a platform that is not Mac friendly; at least in my opinion. But sitting on my hands and whining isn't a viable solution when one has resources at their disposal; as most of us do. Gotta make it happen right? :)

• I suspect the choice of PC first has to do with which platform they are developing the Kemper with.

If they are using PC's, then the PC version would naturally be easiest to develop and come first.

• If you don't have to buy extra, I'd definitely urge folks to do the work-around until the Mac software delivers. Makes life so much easier, this RM. God-send actually for pre-viewing and organizing.

But I get the frustration. When the Joneses have the new Self Propelled Lawn Mower and you have the old push one, it makes for a bit of envious frustration that your wife says you have to wait until the fall to get one, lol.

• "awesome dude! i bought my my first mac when you were about 6 years old."
    gs

Hmmm. I guess a few Kemper employees DO a "passing familiarity" with the Mac.

Great, maybe that means the Mac version of the RM will be available any day now ;)

• well that couldn't happen.. Mac's didn't exist in 1961...

but hey... I'm proud of you for owning one; do you use it?! :D

"I'a 30 year PC tech that switched to Macs about 3 years" can be interpreted as you're at an age of 30, i guess. and if you would know me at all, you would not ask this question :D gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• "I'a 30 year PC tech that switched to Macs about 3 years" can be interpreted as you're at an age of 30, i guess. and if you would know me at all, you would not ask this question gs

nahh brother... I'm vintage 8)

but I'm sure you absolutely love your Mac... can't help but love them!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: