delay ay ay ay ay

• I have tried the delay slot but find it a bit uninspiring when using a cab (i have the power head)
    The delays on distorted rigs seems to sound 'broken' up. I don't mean as per the distorted rig but rather
    the effect itself.
    It seems to be cleaner on headphones.
    Perhaps I'm getting the settings wrong?
    I just want a standard delay for solos such as you'd get from a boss fx pedal.
    any suggestions please?!

• As the distortion happens before the delay it's normal (and mostly wanted) that the delay repeats the distorted signal. Try some of the delay presets inside the KPA. I often use a delay @ 433 ms, 30% feedback and 30-60% mix. No modulation and other parameters, which can be found on the second page of the delay settings. To bring the delay more into focus you can turn up the delay-volume as well.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• As the distortion happens before the delay it's normal (and mostly wanted) that the delay repeats the distorted signal. Try some of the delay presets inside the KPA. I often use a delay @ 433 ms, 30% feedback and 30-60% mix. No modulation and other parameters, which can be found on the second page of the delay settings. To bring the delay more into focus you can turn up the delay-volume as well.

Hi, thanks.
    Yeah I expect the delay to be the same as the guitar sound but its the break up of the delay signal that concerns me.
    If that makes sense?