Future Kemper-Gordius improvements

• Well, I know I have no right to ask Xavier to invest time on any further improvement, nor to ask Kemper's team as they might want to rather work on the KFC.
    But!
    If I can suggest something, one thing I would love to see is the name of whichever effect I just activated for a second or two on the LG display, before the rig's name is displayed again. Could this be done? Pretty pretty please?

• I guess this would have to be implemented on the Gordius end, don't think it should be too problematic and Xavier might be willing if more users put up the same request. Then again, since the Gordius works with all kinds of devices, I'm not too sure whether it'll be viewed favourably.

I don't think it'd be too problematic either. After all it's the same kind of message-exchange that takes place when the name of the rig is sent to the LG and set as patch name.
    However, so far I haven't found a way to temporarily display a name. E.g., when you activate a two-state effect, you don't see the name on the display. For me it would be ideal to see for a second or two its name, to make sure I pressed the right button. I would find it so cool if Xavier added that option, even for just writing arbitrary strings. And once you have that primitive, using it with the KPA effects would be a breeze.

• This would be cool. And now that I know new KPA pedal will not have MIDI ;( , I'm looking for something more then my FCB1010/UNO pedal

The Kemper has midi ports on the back. Rest assured that you will be able to send messages through the Kemper with the KFC, otherwise those ports would be useless. This wuse ould not have been possible if the KFC had to use both midi ports for intercommunication.

• The Kemper has midi ports on the back. Rest assured that you will be able to send messages through the Kemper with the KFC, otherwise those ports would be useless. This wuse ould not have been possible if the KFC had to use both midi ports for intercommunication.

Yes, But if the KPA pedal will not allow you to send multi channel , multi program change to differen t devices, It will not be very functional for my setup. We'll just have to see when they release it.

I still have hope

• Yes, But if the KPA pedal will not allow you to send multi channel , multi program change to differen t devices, It will not be very functional for my setup. We'll just have to see when they release it.

I still have hope

Well, there are two output ports: an "out" port and a "through" port. While it makes sense that the through port sends what is received unaltered, the out port sends something that generates in the KPA. It is possible that through the KPA one defines a mapping from inputs from the KFC to the midi out. In other words: you can define the midi messages for your other unit from the KPA, rather than from the board. And it could easily provide for a much more flexible and easy to use midi engine :)
    Of course mine is total speculation, though ;)

• I'm taking bets that it'll be that way. No point having a midi out otherwise. The ethernet/CAT cable will take care of all intercommunication with the board, so I'm sure the output will be able to send midi messages to external gear. 8o

My thoughts exactly :) and even then I don't know if I would ditch my Gordius. Yes, I like it very much. Xavier did an amazing job at making the most flexible general purpose keyboard out there :)

• I posted some comments on improvements in the Gordius forum, but I think I could share here as well :)

In my situation I use the Kemper along with a mac with backing tracks. So I use the LG2 to control the Kemper in performance mode (one performance pr song, and a slot is a part of a song like vers, chorius etc) and a mac with MainStage. I’m sorry to say that I don’t use the Kemper integration because I run into trouble controlling the mac, so I do it the old way and using a lot of patches and sorting my songs in banks and setlists etc.

So this is my wishes and suggestions for a better and flexible Kemper integration.

• A better way to connect additional midi messages to a performance. It is possible with the macros “Perf.001 SLOT 1” logic, but I also need a way to send program messages to the mac when I enter a song, not when I change slots. You will also run into trouble when you move a song on the Kemper, like resorting a setlist, then you have to reorder the macros and it will be a little mess. Could it be possible to connect a macro to a performance by name? Like Perf:”PERFORMANCE-NAME” or another unit id from the kemper performance?
    • Add a “dim the led if inactive slot/stomp” option. If a switch is an inactive stomp/rig dim the light. If the stomp/slot is disabled on the Kemper show nothing. It will be more user friendly and you will know what switches that will “do something” in that particular performance.
    • Add a way to only use the tuner integration. If you want to use the LG2 the old way, but still want to se the tuner data. Add Kemper support under the “DisplayTuner” command.
    • Add a way to disable the “overwrite preset name from Kemper in display” function. If you again want to use the bank/song functionality in LG2 but still want to use part of the Kemper integration, this could be very handy.
  • one thing I would love to see is the name of whichever effect I just activated for a second or two on the LG display, before the rig's name is displayed again.

Done. See Gordius forum for details. Thanks to Timo for providing this info (effect names for each of the stomps) on the MIDI OUT of the KPA.