reverse effect / pedal assignment with fcb 1010 (u4k)

• hey,

so i finally got to set up my fcb 100 with the u4k-modchip today. works like a charm so far.
    two quick questions though:

1) am i too stupid to find it, or does the KPA not have a reverse type effect? i'm used to having at least a delay that does these sort of things (line 6 delay modeler).
    of course, i'll be able to live with it if there isn't any such thing, in that case though maybe take this as a feature request ;)

and

2) when using the u4k - ist it possible to set any of the two pedals to control anything else than wah / volume?
    like for example pitch-shifting etc? if so - how? so far i haven't been able to figure this out.

everything else works exceptionally well, i've already fallen even MORE in love with my KPA (yeah right... as if that was even possible).
    can't wait to carry it to the next gig and blow the audience away with my new sound, haha :)

• There is no reverse delay so far in the Kemper.

I have an FCB but without the chip, I can program the pedals to do all kinds of stuff, can only imagine the chipped version should do that and maybe more. Have to get someone else who has the chip to explain the details though.

• 1) Nope, no reverse delay or reverb in there right now.

2) You have to assign the expression pedal to send the CC# number specific to an effect. For example,

#1 Wah Pedal
    #4 Pitch Pedal
    #7 Volume Pedal
    #68 Delay Mix
    #69 Delay Feedback
    #70 Reverb Mix
    #71 Reverb Time
    #72 Gain
    #73 Monitor Volume

So yes, you can do this. Don't have an FCB1010, but I'm sure if you navigate through the system menus, you should be able to find the appropriate place to change this.

Don't forget to engage the wah>volume and wah>pitch controls in the system menu, which will dictate whether a pedal is assigned to wah or pitch when one is active in the FX slots.

• thx mate, will keep on trying. i'm sure it'll work out in the end :)

Stop searching, the UnO4Kemper can only do wah and volume with the pedals (plus pedal pitch).
    All the other CC's mentioned above are only supported by the 'normal' UnO chip.

• @ ingolf: yeah, that's what i THOUGHT i read somewhere, but wasn't really sure. that's a real bummer, but i guess that if you want an "out of the box"-style controller,
    you pay for that with some minor limitations in certain areas. ain't no tragedy, but it sure does make the experience with the u4k a little less thrilling, at least to me.
    oh well... time to move on, i guess :) i'm still rather satisfied with the u4k as a whole, but the soon-to-be-announced dedicated kemper footswitch suddenly got alot sexier again :)
    time will tell....

edit: ah, wait! pedal pitch is possible, you say? would you care to enlighten me how to go about it? since that is the only thing i'd really use a pedal for anyway besides
    normal wah and volume controls. would be much appreciated :)

• Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have any chips on my fcb so can't be sure) but I think you can set up multiple pedal stomps (wah, pitch, booster, etc) in any rig just like I do and be fine so long as the fcb chip sets the expression pedal's CC to #1. My Roland expression pedal CC # is set globally as 1 and I use it as either a Wah, pedal pitch and pre-stack booster (works as a gain pedal) in a lot of my rigs.

• Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have any chips on my fcb so can't be sure) but I think you can set up multiple pedal stomps (wah, pitch, booster, etc) in any rig just like I do and be fine so long as the fcb chip sets the expression pedal's CC to #1. My Roland expression pedal CC # is set globally as 1 and I use it as either a Wah, pedal pitch and pre-stack booster (works as a gain pedal) in a lot of my rigs.

like I said, the CC numbers are fix in the uno4K. 1 and 7 for the pedals.