New profiling (Better cab separation)

• Many thanks for your testing and valuable feedback!

We are closing the test for now,experimental 2.8 firmware isn't available for download anymore. One of our next official firmware revisions will include the new profiling feature.

Profiles created with experimental firmware 2.8 will be compatible with future firmware e. g. 3.0, but should be stored with that official 3.0 release before sharing.

• Hi,

Engl Savage DI profile (default setting) > T.amp > mesa cab >sm57 > Fucking Soundcloud compression ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• I guess this is a good place to make this comment. I had been out of town for a while and did not have a chance to try the direct profiling until tonight. (I downloaded 2.8 a few weeks ago but had not installed it. My first one was a complete dud, I mean it was not good at all. My second one was pretty nice. I used a THD univalve that has a line out that is not speaker emulated. Part of my problem is that I am color blind, so using the little light as a judge of volume is completely lost on me. I might as well be staring a a twinkling star. Anyhow, my take is that the new firmware leaves more of the sound (nature) with the amp. I found changing cabs to be slightly more subtle, but that seemed to make more of the cabs more usable. I did not have to go to my usual cabs to get a good sound. I profiled two 12au7's into an old KT88 trying to get and old marshall, hells bells like sound. It sounded good tonight but I need to let my ears rest and check it later. AC/DC does that to me.

• I guess this is a good place to make this comment. I had been out of town for a while and did not have a chance to try the direct profiling until tonight. (I downloaded 2.8 a few weeks ago but had not installed it. My first one was a complete dud, I mean it was not good at all. My second one was pretty nice. I used a THD univalve that has a line out that is not speaker emulated. Part of my problem is that I am color blind, so using the little light as a judge of volume is completely lost on me. I might as well be staring a a twinkling star. Anyhow, my take is that the new firmware leaves more of the sound (nature) with the amp. I found changing cabs to be slightly more subtle, but that seemed to make more of the cabs more usable. I did not have to go to my usual cabs to get a good sound. I profiled two 12au7's into an old KT88 trying to get and old marshall, hells bells like sound. It sounded good tonight but I need to let my ears rest and check it later. AC/DC does that to me.

Hi, you need to record all sources and compare - on real cab in the room even pod xt sound killer ;)

Stay Metal!

• I profiled one of my cabs and used it and I also used some old cabs. Using the old cabs worked, there are not any of the new cabs up yet to use that I know of. I'm going to try some IR's also but just have not had the time.

• I'm hoping that with Firmware 3.0, that I can use my Kemper for everything - live performance (improved rig switching) into a real guitar cab (improved DI profiling) and I can leave my heavy ass valve amp at home.

Roll on FW3.0 !!

• Yes!
    I gigged with 2.8 tech preview with some merged profiles last Friday. Oh man, it sounded great!

I was running some Marshall JVM410 profiles I created for live purposes, with THD 2x12. I had used the same cab when profiling.

Thus, the sound I had on both on stage and FOH was the same as with a real JVM+THD. Only a bit better, because I was able to adjust stage volume to my liking without affecting the tone or FOH volume, and there's no bleed from other instruments in my FOH signal.

All that, plus Kemper effects and occasional other rigs for specific purposes.

Kemper 3.0 with a cab of your choice, in my mind, will be the ultimate live rig!

• Simple test :D
    reamped 4 guitars on Randall Satan and Mesa cab sm57, then i made cab IR from this mic pos and i used it with Randal Solar. Some people still hard to believe - but this is brutal true - how important is cab mic and mic pos
    and trust me people, i can do this again with another amp cab DI - i think anyone can do. But not everyone talks about it loud - simple?

Next time test with Kemper :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• Nice job! It's VERY close!
    Btw, let me know if you want or need the solo for that song recorded! ;) It's one of my favorites!