For live purposes: "Profiler + Guitar Cab" OR "Profiler + Active/Passive FRFR"?

• If all the live sounds you will be using will sound right played through the same guitar cabinet, either will work well. But, if you use a variety of sounds, the sound of a guitar cabinet may be a compromise with some of the sounds.

I prefer the versatility of FRFR speakers. When I switch to an AC30 or Fender sound, I want it to sound like those amps with their traditional speakers, not like they would sound connected to a 4x12 cabinet.

• I'm with the crowd on this one. Though there are times that a guitar cab sounds amazing, you'll have more consistency and more sound options with the FRFR.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Definitely agree as well.
    In some circumstances (jamming with friends at low volume, no FOH and the like) I like my brand new retrofit K-P amp with my Dragoon, specially when faithfullness to the original amp\cab is not an issue for me.
    A much lighter rig, if you ask me.

:)

• The FRFR ayes have it! I'm a big supporter of FRFR too. Helps make the most of a device like the Kemper, whose USP is to mimick multiple amps separately. With a cab, you'll always have the inherent frequency response to contend with, which would colour your sound.

This is true, and why using a guitar cab CAN result in an amazing tone - if you're looking for the type tone that this particular guitar cab creates. So, for those who stay solidly in one type of sound, it can indeed be the best alternative. However, for me, I prefer the flexibility of FRFR, which is what the KPA was designed to accomplish.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I have a couple of FRFR rigs (small and bigger) and sometimes I run straight into a Front of House system (if it's decent). So FRFR gives me the most flexibility and consistency in terms of what I hear.

• I prefer the versatility of FRFR speakers. When I switch to an AC30 or Fender sound, I want it to sound like those amps with their traditional speakers, not like they would sound connected to a 4x12 cabinet.

+1 - I couldn't agree more...

The only other thing I'd add would be the ability to "experiment" live with other cabinet selections in real-time with an FRFR application. This may sound contradictory to Paults's original statement, but I'm all about flexibility. ;)

• For me, the sound that a guitarist play is not the same that public heard... Since i know it, i only search simplicity : kemper to the ingeneer mix table. Public cannot say if it s a real amp or not, he is just here for the show and listen the music!

For me, the guitarist? I know my music, i loock the drummer and i know what i must do and how to play, so what i heard is not very important (i play with a couple of "alpine" so i don't heard anything at all)

Sorry for my english.

• KPA+Orange 2x12 works perfect for me.
    I like the sound of V30s. Guitar cabs and loudness on stage make me feel like rock n roll is still alive haha
    I like FRFRs too, I guess I'd go that route if I was playing a different type of music.

• As a band, we are working towards 'taking the plunge' into using KPA rigs live.
    We set up two rigs in our rehearsal area for some LOUD testing!

Rig 1: KPA Toaster into Yamaha DXR10 powered FRFR (Full Range Flat Response) speaker (1x10 Speaker and a Horn powered with a 1100W Amp)
    Rig 2: KPA Rack Powerhead with 600W amp into a Marshall 1960A (4x12) cab.
    Each KPA was loaded with exactly the same profiles from the USB.

Results:
    1 - Amazement at the richness of the sound of the Yamaha - fuller, fatter sound than the 4x12 . It's wider spread of sound will be very useful on stage too.
    Head to head like this it was very clear. (Of couse our room affected the sound - but we are used to that room!)
    2 - Despite the first point, BOTH rigs sounded great! Just different - and either would work in any live setup.
    3 - We are a loud band and had no problem making the amps loud enough to match the drums! :)
    4 - It became obvious that you need to select/tweak the amps to suit LOUD (Gig-level) play - make them a bit cleaner to get a better dynamic response seems to be a good idea. Heavilly distorted sounds tend to become muddy at high volumes, so maybe try to turn down the gain a little and boost the output for live use of your favourite bedroom-level rig.
    Note - we also swapped guitars to make sure the differences between the Ibanez and the ESP didn't affect our results

Testing continues, with Performance Mode and FCB1010 programming before we commit fully - the first gig with KPA will be a bit nerve-wracking! ;)
    The KPA Foot Controller looks good, but I am happy to wait and see how well it is received by the players on here.

Hope this helps
    \m/