Hot rodded factory top boost profile

• In my quest for tone I tweaked the the factory AC Top Boost profile to create a high-gain, but still touch sensitive rig.

In retrospect I might have added little too much top end / presence - making the legato stuff sound a little thin (for example at 00:18).

I use the duck paramater extensively in this rig (at -5.0) and I like the effect of it for picked notes, as it gives that high-gain breakup. But I think the problem might be that the legato stuff doesn't cut through the ducking "threshold" so to speak (and therefore does not get the same EQ and treble boost etc).

I think the sound works well for heavily picked notes though.

I am playing over a Steve Lukather / toto style backing track. Hope you like it.

edit - here is the rig:
    https://drive.google.com/file/…IdzJJQUE/view?usp=sharing
    (I recommend using it with neck single coil pickup)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by KD ().

• Nice playing man! The tone wasn't to bad,maybe just a little thin like you said. I really like your Parker. How is the neck size?

The neck is the best thing with this guitar, it's a little thinner than a modern strat. It's flat and incredibly stable - I have had this one for more than 10 years, abusing it in all sorts of ways - and i have never had to take it to a luthier. String action is up to par with my plek'd necks. Thanks for the great comment!

• me

me 3 BTW my parker does not sound like that (must be something wrong with it ;) )

Maybe it's suffering from Parkeritis ;) No seriously I think Parkers have a special sound, and pre-KPA I thought it was only really good for playing clean stuff. I kept the guitar though since playability and neck is really nice. Let me know if you would like to try this rig with your guitar. Thanks for the great comment!

• KD , yes I would defiantly like to try your rig , it would prod me to get the parker back out, when I purchased it probably 10 yrs or more ago , I got it for playing clean also, & still have the ability to rock out, I even sent the bridge pup to Seymour Duncan for a rewind.. soon after getting the P/F deluxe (majik blue) it was the only thing I played (over 20+) guitars at the time,i got used to the P/F's higher action, & raised action on all my guitars,& to this day I have higher action than previously, bad thing, about 4 yrs ago the P/F & 5 other gtrs were stolen I got them back a little over a yr later damaged, & haven't bonded w/it again, so thanks to you, I am going to get her back out, thanks,roger

• KD , yes I would defiantly like to try your rig , it would prod me to get the parker back out,

Great, I worked a lot with this rig so its really cool someone wants to try it. :D I will get it to you asap when I am back in the studio. I cut some low end out in the mix, so the rig itself might not be as thin sounding.

I even sent the bridge pup to Seymour Duncan for a rewind..

You were smarter than me then, because I sold my bridge pup... I regret this to this day and I haven't managed to find out what kind of custom dimarzios were in those 1st version niteflies. Right now there is a Seymour Duncan P-rail in bridge position. But in this video I only played on the [the stock SC] neck pup.

• Great, I worked a lot with this rig so its really cool someone wants to try it. :D I will get it to you asap when I am back in the studio. I cut some low end out in the mix, so the rig itself might not be as thin sounding.

You were smarter than me then, because I sold my bridge pup... I regret this to this day and I haven't managed to find out what kind of custom dimarzios were in those 1st version niteflies. Right now there is a Seymour Duncan P-rail in bridge position. But in this video I only played on the [the stock SC] neck pup.

I would not claim to be smarter than you at all, the thing that saved my pickup was it was the only pup that would fit (the deluxe model had proprietary d-marzio's ) nothing else would fit, = the reason for sending to S/duncan, & BTW mine has 2 humbuckers, no s/c neck,,your setup & playing sounds great to me. roger

• [quote='KD','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18525-Hot-rodded-factory-top-boost-profile/?postID=199915&#post199915']Here is the rig! Looking forward to hear if its useful for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/…IdzJJQUE/view?usp=sharing

(I recommend using it with neck single coil pickup)[/quote]........thanks very much KD, cant wait to try it, unfortunately, I left my KPA at the drummers place the other night, & he left for a 2 week vacation, now I have to wait..

• I would not claim to be smarter than you at all, the thing that saved my pickup was it was the only pup that would fit (the deluxe model had proprietary d-marzio's ) nothing else would fit, = the reason for sending to S/duncan, & BTW mine has 2 humbuckers, no s/c neck,,your setup & playing sounds great to me. roger

Ah yes, the 'flies' have those really flat humbuckers.