Bloody reverb!

• Hullo all,
    can anyone tell my why every time I load a patch from the rig manager the reverb is automatically switched on and the new profile is swamped in inappropriate verb? Have I done something stupid in the short time I've had the unit to cause this?

• Rigs contain all the FX as well as the amp. If whomever made the rig added a lot of reverb then when you load it you'll get a lot of reverb.

what you might be able to do is go to the reverb page, disable it, then press the lock button to permanently disable it for all rigs.

• I'm starting to wonder if I've locked it on at some point. I downloaded the top Jimi 68 superlead profile pack yesterday and while it's bloody great it'seems unlikely that he has made every patch with an enormous amount verb on it. (I could be wrong of course)
    thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go as soon as I get to the studio.

• okay,
    I got to the studio fully expecting to find that I'd accidentally locked it on in my first couple of days fumbling with the unit. Only to find that I hadn't! (I've locked it OFF now though)
    It appears that the profile makers have " swamped them in inappropriate verb "
    I don't know why they have chosen to do this, but at least I know it's not a cockup on my part. And now I've now had the opportunity to learn how to use the lock function
    thanks for the help guys.

• "Inappropriate reverb" is of course all a matter of opinion. I happen to love my guitar just swimming in the stuff. The more it sounds like the guitars of the 60's the better!

to each their own.
    I'm glad you got it figured out!

• I have to say that I'm not aware of the issue, since I always keep my reverb locked at the setting I prefer.

Also, often a proper delay setting can make for a huge "reverberating" effect, so they'd sum up.