Best Connection

• What is the best way to connect my Kemper to my Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 to give me the highest quality of sound to record? Is a standard guitar cable as good as the XLR as far as sound quality or would there be an advantage to using an XLR cable?
    I am just trying to send the best possible sound to my DAW. Anyone with any experience using a Kemper and a Focusrire interface that has any tips to pass along I am all ears.

Thanks Kevin

• A TRS (1/4" jack) carries a balanced signal from the Kemper's main outs. So does a mic lead (XLR).

The XLR runs at mic level (low), and the TRS lead at line level (much higher). Both are balanced and practically noise-free.

Which you choose to use depends on the nature of your inputs on the interface. Generally speaking, to avoid having to go through a mic pre even with minimal or no gain added, one would use a TRS lead. At least that way you can be sure there'd be no additional coloration of the signal as it's a straight-to-the-A/D-converter connection with no additional circuitry (i.e. preamp in this case) involved.

The Kemper's output signal is plenty hot enough that you shouldn't need to add additional gain either way.

Have fun, Kevin.

• Since you mentioned a "standard guitar cable" I would mention he reccomended a trs cable as being balanced Not a Ts cable which is what most would call a standard guitar cable. Just in case you don't know....