Warm Jazz Profile for Arch-top needed

• Hello,
    I have downloaded a series of clean profiles from the Kemper site and have purchased others from the AMP factory, but they all seem to have a tonal aberration that I can only describe as a chorus-like effect. I cannot seem to achieve a warm, clean jazz tone without that added factor and I do not have chorus applied to any of the profiles and I have downloaded all of the Fender profiles available on the Kemper site. I am using a variety of luthier made arch tops, some with floaters and others with set PUPs, but all have the same tonal issue when fed through the Kemper to a pair of Focal CMS 65's. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, clean profile that can be downloaded, either free or paid?

• Ive worked with tons of Jazz players here in the studio (actually one just last week) - jazz players are a fikkle bunch, and are often hard to work with as the tone needs to be just so.. and that's fair enough!..,it just breaks all tradition of working with guitar tones : )

However.. 99% of the time, we go through the collection I have here. and there is always 2 that wins the day. - Fender Vibro or More surprisingly, the Evil Robot as that amp has a natural jazz setting and just works bliss with archtops!.

So I cant advise you any more than really, try more fender amps, and perhaps try the evil robot...

Oh and I'd suggest yo take a look at your setting on the kemper, if your getting that chorus sound, its one of two things. - either Comb Filtering (2 signals merged into one) - or you have some sort of effect somewhere that's perhaps locked that you are unaware of? - this might be the answer to your problem rather than the rigs your trying to use...

• Hello,
    I have downloaded a series of clean profiles from the Kemper site and have purchased others from the AMP factory, but they all seem to have a tonal aberration that I can only describe as a chorus-like effect.

Oh and I'd suggest yo take a look at your setting on the kemper, if your getting that chorus sound, its one of two things. - either Comb Filtering (2 signals merged into one) - or you have some sort of effect somewhere that's perhaps locked that you are unaware of?

right, I would adress this chorus-y phenomenon first, sounds like something isn't setup correctly.
    If your are going through a DAW, the most likely problem is what Andy already described - doubling of signals with a slight delay in one of them creating a combfiltering effect.
    Check the setting of the Space parameter in the Output section, too, although this one doesn't really introduce chorus-like artifacts.

-> if you use Headphones, or connect the Profiler directly to your monitors, do you still have this issue? <-

thanks.

• Hello, and thank you all for your suggestions.
    There is no DAW in the equation ... my arch-top is plugged directly into the front input of the Kemper toaster and its signal goes directly to a Dangerous Music Source and from there on to the Focals. I have not done much to the various profiles that I have downloaded, aside from tweaking their EQ's—mostly low frequency cut. I will, however, follow the suggestions made, including some of the suggested profiles. Thanks again.
    BTW, the the chorus-like issue is present through headphones as well and is appreciated mostly clearly with high frequency tones ... 10th fret and beyond.

• Hi ronjazz,

The best results I had to date & they are my go-to jazz profiles (I play Standards & Lain Jazz with one of my bands) are Michael Britt's profiles of a 'Polytone Minibrute Mk3' from his 'Vintage Pack' ... the 'Jazz Chorus' profiles from the same pack are also great for this, though I prefer the 'Polytone' profiles as they exhibit the same round, fat warmth ^^ as a real Polytone ...

Cheers,
    Wolf

• hello

lots of people keep asking for the pack I did make long time ago while tweaking some rigs for my hollow or semi hollow guitars , tweaking some free stuff fromRTig ex and other free sources

here is the link

if anyone don't feel right about me sharing his profile, please let me know & I'll remove them

basically it' just a collection of tweaks with specific EQ

there are also some free rigs on rig ex. (seach with 'waraba' as creator) : these ones are more gainy , but try to play with the gain , they clean up very well and keep some warmth.

ATM.JB.drive.chordal
    ATM.JB.drive.chordal.lead
    ATM.JB.clean.funk