Purchased Used Kemper - Getting started

• Hi - just picked up a used Kemper. Software is "Public Beta 2.4.0 9681B". Appears I'm pretty far behind on doing an update so I plan to do that. However, my dedicated Mac music computer is still on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 so it is not yet comparable with the latest software. I'm planning to upgrade it in a week or so, but was hoping to get started earlier with updating Kemper since right now I'm just using it standalone. Also have another non-dedicated Mac running 10.10.3 Yosemite so that one would be compatible but I won't be using it much for music stuff. Nonetheless I am using it now to download some rigs of potential interest and I could probably use it temporarily for rig manager? Also need to get it registered - hopefully I still have some of the 3 year warranty left, we'll see.

I'm sure there are plenty of threads that touch on different aspects of these questions and I'm going thru them but any advice you all have on getting started and how to optimize use, profiles, etc. would be great appreciated.

So far loving this thing!

• As to updating the OS there's no computer needed (except for the download)..
    Just download the latest OS (which is 3.2.1) to your computer.
    Then put it into the update folder of a USB stick that has been formatted by the profiler.
    Put the stick back into the profiler and follow the on-screen procedure.

As to using RigManager on Mac you need 10.7 and upwards to run it.

• Welcome!

Best advice I can give you is to read the manuals! :)

https://www.kemper-amps.com/pa…mplifier___Downloads.html

Get both the basics manual, the "deeper view" manual and the profiling manual if you plan on doing that kind of stuff. No need to read it all at once (except maybe the basics manual), but at least skim through it to get an overview of what's included.

• Thanks all - The reference manual states that with the Profiler Operating System 3.2.1.11625 "Rig Manager 1.5 required! Performances created under this operating system are not downward compatible with for example 3.0.2 operating system! Modifications will get lost!" I'm pretty unsophisticated with this stuff. I'm not sure I understand the implications of this since I've never used Rig Manager. If I don't have RM 1.5 will the Kemper not work properly or will it just be more challenging to manage all my profiles on my computer?

I am working to determine whether I can upgrade my dedicated music MacPro computer from Snow Leopard to the latest OS X. My other computer has 10.10.3 Yosemite so that can run Rig Manager 1.5 but I'd prefer not to have to use it (though I can adapt if necessary). However, from a practical standpoint, what happens if I don't have the ability to run 1.5?

Thanks!

• Just FYI you don't need to use RigManager with the profiler.
    IF you want to use it with a profiler running the latest OS (which is always recommended) you'd need to install RM 1.5.

Please make yourself familiar with both manuals to get the most out of your profiler.