Pedal Mode: Touch
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Touch Attack 0.3
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.0
    Volume 0

Editor's Note:
    A talk box is a post-amplifier effect, so this preset should be placed in the X, MOD, or DELAY slot.
    As Paul points out, “You can put it in a stomp slot if you put a distortion / fuzz in a slot before it, and bypass the amp stack.”

535Q Kirk Hammet by LiamThompson - Extreme Kirk-style Wah

Manual 2.3
    Peak 8.5
    Pedal Range +40%
    Peak Range -25%
    Pedal Mode: I use Bypass at Heel as I use a Behringer FCB1010
    Mix 94%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.0

If you use quite a bit of bass in your tone, you may be using more than I, as I favour hot-rodded Marshall Plexi tones. Try increasing the manual level so you don't end up with almost a fundamental bass note in the lowest-wah position. Increasing the manual also extends how far up the top range you can go. Think of manual as the start-frequency range of the wah.

If you increase the peak more you will get an even more-pronounced, modern-wah effect in the higher / treble positions. Lower to reduce the effect and to go more in the direction of traditional wah sounds.

If you find it's still losing the tone and sounding thin, try reducing the pedal range below +40% to say 35% or 30%; that will bring more "guitar" to the tone

Editor's Note:
    Whilst there is in fact a Kirk Hammet model available from Dunlop, the Kirk Hammet Cry Baby Wah KH95, this is a tweak of the Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Multi-Wah.

535Q Position 1 (Unknown Author)

Manual 3.6
    Peak 6.9
    Pedal Range +24
    Peak Range -22
    Pedal Mode: Bypass at Stop
    Mix 94%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.7

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Multi-Wah.

535Q Position 3 (Unknown Author) shared by Gary (prsgary)

Manual 3.2
    Peak 6.9
    Pedal Range +30
    Peak Range -21
    Mix 96%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 0.0

Editor's Note:

535Q Robin Trower by prsgary

Manual 3.6
    Peak 7.4
    Pedal Range +25
    Peak Range -37
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Volume 1.0

Editor's Note:

Bob Weir 1 by flyingheelhook

Manual 9.5
    Peak 9.2
    Pedal Range -79%
    Peak Range -77%
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 2.0
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.8
    Volume +0.5

I play both my LP Deluxe and AR305 with the volume dimmed, and my AR has a unity-gain preamp onboard. This would explain why Kulle had to make the tweaks that follow. I think everyone should expect to have to tweak these a bit no matter what.

Editor's Note:
    From 1977 - 1983 Bob used a Cutler-built custom pedal that remotely controlled the electronics on his rack; it was a combination phase / wah pedal. He could select either phasing, the wah, or a mix of the two.

Bob Weir 2 by flyingheelhook with Alternate Guitar-level Tweaks by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 5.6
    Peak 7.7

Pedal Range -79%
    Peak Range -77%
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 2.0
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.8
    Volume +0.5

Editor's Note:
    From 1977 - 1983 Bob used a Cutler-built custom pedal that remotely controlled the electronics on his rack; it was a combination phase / wah pedal. He could select either phasing, the wah, or a mix of the two.

CAE MC404 1 by Don Petersen

Manual 3.7
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal Range +30%
    Peak Range -49%
    Mix 95%

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop MC404 CAE Wah. CAE stands for “Custom Audio Electronics”, the legendary guitar rig designer Bob Bradshaw's company.

CAE MC404 2 by Don Petersen, Tweaked by drandall

Manual 3.7
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal Range +40%
    Peak Range -49%
    Mix 65%

I finally ran the Kemper CAE Wah preset compared to the real thing and did a side-by-side. Once I turned that down to 65% and the Pedal range to +40%, it sounded identical.

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop MC404 CAE Wah. CAE stands for “Custom Audio Electronics”, the legendary guitar rig designer Bob Bradshaw's company.

CAE MC404 Red by Kellerblues

Manual 2.3

Peak 6.6

Pedal Range +36%

Peak Range -48%

Mix 93%

Ducking +0.4

Volume -0.6

Editor's Note:

Kellerblues provided this description:

"I've spent some time trying to match the sound and especially the behaviour of my CAE Wah on the Kemper. I wanted to replicate the feel across the sweep of the pedal.

Here are the 2 (Red and Yellow Fasel) presets that came out. In a blindfold test I could distinguish them only via the switch (a lot smoother on the CAE than on the ME Exp. Pedal) under the feet. I've never bothered messing around with the trim pots inside the CAE, so it is pretty much spot-on at factory settings.

CAE MC404 Yellow by Kellerblues

Manual 3.2

Peak 9.6

Pedal Range +31%

Peak Range -43%

Mix 73%

Ducking +0.4

Volume -0.1

Editor's Note:

Kellerblues provided this description:

"I've spent some time trying to match the sound and especially the behaviour of my CAE Wah on the Kemper. I wanted to replicate the feel across the sweep of the pedal.

Here are the 2 (Red and Yellow Fasel) presets that came out. In a blindfold test I could distinguish them only via the switch (a lot smoother on the CAE than on the ME Exp. Pedal) under the feet. I've never bothered messing around with the trim pots inside the CAE, so it is pretty much spot-on at factory settings.

Djemass (GeraldM) by Gerald Massois

Manual 3.4
    Peak 6.9
    Pedal Range +31%
    Peak Range -43%
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

I've used these settings exclusively since 2013.

Dunlop JC95 1 Jerry Cantrell by dahla

Manual 3.5
    Peak 7.8
    Pedal Range + 25%
    Peak Range - 38%
    Mix 96 %

It isn't a 1:1, but it sounds convincing. The Dunlop isn't as "digitally-perfect" in the sweep as the Kemper, and the ME expression pedal (the EP1-KP) that I have has a much-wider sweep than the JC-95. The sweep is the thing I love the most on the real thing. It's pretty narrow, but it feels awesome; you're never "off" anywhere. The knob setting I use on the Dunlop is slightly off-center, towards the more high-end setting.

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Cry Baby Wah JC95.

Dunlop JH-1 1 by dahla

Manual 2.9
    Peak 7.9
    Pedal Range +24%
    Peak Range -31%
    Mix 90%
    Ducking 0
    Volume -1.8

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Cry Baby Wah JH1D.

Dunlop JH-1 2 by dahla, Revisited by Don Petersen Using Info from the Manual

Manual 3.1
    Peak 7.9
    Pedal Range +29%
    Peak Range -28%
    Mix 84%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Cry Baby Wah JH1D.

Frank Eltze (Eltzejupp), Posted Elsewhere and Shared by Sharry (Harry)

Manual 3.6
    Peak 7.9
    Pedal Range +26%
    Peak Range -40%
    Mix 96%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

GCB95 modded with Red Fasel Inductor by Don Petersen

Manual 4.1
    Peak 8.1
    Pedal Range +25%
    Peak Range -41%
    Mix 95%

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop Cry Baby Standard Wah GCB95.

GCB95 modded with Whipple Inductor by Don Petersen

Manual 3.6
    Peak 7.4
    Pedal Range +25%
    Peak Range -37%
    Mix 94%

Editor's Note:
    Dunlop Cry Baby Standard Wah GCB95.

Morley Mark Tremonti by Troy Baer

Manual 3.9

Peak 7.4

Pedal Range +15%

Peak Range -37%

Mix 100%

Vomume +0.5

I put together the following set of parameters that IMHO gets pretty close to my Morley Tremonti wah. For full Morley effect, set the pedal mode to "Bypass @ Heel".

Editor's Note:

In a footnote Troy also suggested raising the Volume parameter "if you like to crank the Tremonti wah's built-in boost."

I also took the liberty of setting the Pedal Mode as suggested.

Mutron III Jerry Garcia / Jonathan Wilson Auto-wah Settings by Nick58

Manual 0.6
    Peak 7.3
    Pedal Range +66%
    Peak Range -18%
    Stereo 0.0
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 5.0
    Touch Release 1.7
    Touch Boost 4.4
    Volume +0.5

Made for humbucking pickup.

Mutron III Jerry Garcia by flyingheelhook

Manual 0.6
    Peak 8.6
    Pedal Range +50%
    Peak Range -8%
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0.0
    Touch Attack 5.0
    Touch Release 0.5
    Touch Boost 0.8
    Volume +0.5

Nick Badr - Smth by nicosssb (Nicolas Badr) - "Smth" means "Smooth"

Manual 3.3
    Peak 7.7
    Pedal Range +37%
    Peak Range -43%
    Pedal Mode: On
    Mix 80%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

Editor's Note:
    Nicolas posted a clip of his playing Joe Satriani's Love Thing with his preferred (for this song) flavour of Cry Baby Wah. I was impressed with its smoothness, and Nico very-kindly agreed to share it upon my request. You can view the clip and thread Here. He says that the signal chain used in the clip was Comp--->Boost--->WAH.

Plutoneium Chi Wah Wah 1 by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 5.4
    Peak 8.0
    Pedal Range +20%
    Peak Range -22%
    Pedal Mode: How you like - I use Bypass at Toe
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

More-powerful bass. More-aggressive treble and presence.
    Can sound synthetic or "plasticky" in some situations, or a little spooky and corrosive.

Plutoneium Chi Wah Wah 2 by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 5.4
    Peak 7.1
    Pedal Range +10%
    Peak Range +5%
    Pedal Mode: Your decision again - I prefer Bypass at Toe
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

Less-powerful bass. Less-aggressive treble. More-powerful mids.

RMC-10 (Real McCoy Custom) by lk_bill

Manual 3.7
    Peak 6.9
    Pedal Range +24%
    Peak Range -38%
    Pedal Mode: Bypass at Heel
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

Tried to replicate the sound of my RMC-10 Wah. It's not perfect, but pretty close.

Robin Trower-like Songs by prsgary

Manual 3.1
    Peak 7.5
    Pedal Range +20%
    Peak Range -22%
    Mix 94%
    Volume +0.7

It is not based on any "real" wah that I know of; I was just messing around.

Vox - Old Modded by Boogiem

Manual 3.7
    Peak 8.1
    Pedal Range +29%
    Peak Range -42%
    Pedal Mode: Bypass at Heel
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume -1

Editor's Note:
    Boogiem said he was quite impressed with the result, having followed Don's white-noise-measuring method.

Wah Man by Kulle Wumpenteich

Manual 4.4
    Peak 4.1
    Pedal Range +13%
    Peak Range -25%
    Pedal Mode: On
    Mix 100%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

Editor's Note:
    Direct from Kulle’s attic, where he found it in August 2016. His words:
    Wah Man seems to be from the late ‘90s and is the precursor to the Stagg Wah Man of today.

Continued in Post #2...

• Settings List Continued...

Touch 01 taken from Maurizio70's All-you-can-eat Forum Share 2014-02-19

Manual 0

Peak 10

Pedal Range +100%

Peak Range 0%

Mix 100%

Ducking 0

Touch Attack 3.6

Touch Release 4.6

Touch Boost 0.6

Volume 5.0

Editor's Note:

I prefixed this one with WWAH rather than WW so that it follows the factory "Touch" preset logically.

Touch 02 taken from Maurizio70's All-you-can-eat Forum Share 2014-02-19

Manual 2.0

Peak 5.7

Pedal Range +28%

Peak Range +43%

Mix 100%

Ducking 0

Touch Attack 2.7

Touch Release 1.6

Touch Boost 3.2

Volume +2.8

Editor's Note:

I prefixed this one with WWAH as well, rather than WW, so that it follows the factory "Touch" preset and "Touch 01" logically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 2021-11-08 - edited parameter-description text for consistency & added 2 new wahs

Kemper Wah-settings List as Presets

Kemper Wah-settings List as Presets 2021-11-08.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Upload the Presets to Your KPA via USB Stick

Plug a Kemper-formatted USB stick into your computer.
    Extract the contents of the .zip file linked to above.
    Copy the "Shared" folder in the "USB-stick Transfer->" folder to the root level of the USB stick.*
    Eject the USB stick, wait 5 seconds and remove it from your computer.

Power up your KPA, insert the USB stick and wait 5 seconds for the soft-key "External Storage" option to appear.
    Press the following soft keys in the order presented:

External Storage
    Import / Export
    Import

The process should only take about 6 seconds, after which you’re prompted to hit “OK”. Do so.
    Press “Exit” twice to back out of the “External-Storage” dialogues, or just press a stomp slot for a second.

Press a Stomp slot for a second if you haven’t already.

Select Wah as the effect using the Type knob.

Browse the presets using the Browse knob.

* Note:

Older operating systems stored the Presets in the Shared / Stomp folder in the .kipr format.

Newer operating systems use a new format, .kpreset, and store these wah Presets in two new folders:

Shared / Effect Presets / Wah / Wah Vowel Filter

and

Shared / Effect Presets / Wah / Wah Wah

The collection has now been stored in the new, appropriate locations. You needn't worry about these details; they're here for clarification in case of confusion. Just copy the "Shared" folder as per the instructions.

How to Audition the Presets Using Rig Manager

Extract the contents of the .zip file linked to above.

1) Locate the "Wah - Community Collection" folder in the "Rig Manager Use->" folder and select all files.

2) Create a new folder called "Wah - Community Collection" in "All Presets / Categories" in Rig Manager.

3) Drag the selected files from step 1 to this new folder in Rig Manager.

You can now audition any of the Presets by double-clicking on it.

Preset Nomenclature

Talk box presets are prefixed with the letters “WVOW” as they employ the vowel-shaping model.
    All conventional-wah presets are prefixed with the letters “WW”, so they appear at the beginning of the factory-wah selections in the list.
    Touch-wah presets are prefixed with the letters “WWAH” and begin with the word “Touch” so that they appear neatly alongside the factory ones.

• Updated 2021-11-08

Dear fellow Kemperites,

The 1st post and beginning of the 2nd post is a parameter-and-information list of everything shared in this thread:

Need Help Setting Up Your Wah in the Profiler? Do You Own a Rare Wah? Let Me Know.

Presets have been sourced from elsewhere on the forum as well, including here.

The 2nd post is that list in KPA-preset form. Instructions are below the download link and also in the file.

All Kemper users are indebted to the generous, talented members who created and shared these presets. Special mention must go to Don Petersen, who not only contributed the greatest number of presets, but helped so many others in the creation of theirs too. Thank you Don and everyone on behalf of all of us!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alternate tweaks in blue.
    List in alphabetical order for easier navigation.
    Grammar and syntax corrected and comments editorialised.
    Alphabetical order filtered by wah type (vowler, conventional, touch)
    Comments by preset creators except where specified as "Editor's Notes"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In cases where generically-named or modelled presets are concerned, such as, for instance, Paul's "Talk Box" and Maurizio's "Touch 01 & 02", the authors' names are appended to the preset names themselves.

If the brand / model of pedal is provided in the preset's name, the author will be credited in the list, but not the preset itself. This is because the selection list in the Kemper would otherwise be messy and confusing to navigate. Similarly, if a wah model's full name or a clear-enough abbreviation of it can't be included in its preset name, an editor's note in the list will provide the full manufacturer and model name.

Generic terms such as "Touch" or "Talk Box" not only require unique identifiers, but thankfully are almost by definition sufficiently-short-enough to guarantee that said identifiers in the form of authors' names can be easily appended without cluttering the browse window and compromising clear identification of presets within the list. Frank Eltze, Nicolas Badr and Gerald Massois are thus far (2017-02) the only authors who've been credited in the names of conventional wahs because there's no other way of distinguishing one basic-wah preset from another - Frank's, for instance, from Gerald's or somebody else's.

• LOL Yeah, I almost joked about that, Paul, but tried, as you'd have noticed, to keep it business-like this time. I'm sure we all want the thread to be taken seriously.

OK, now that I've got you here, I wonder if you'd know how to solve a tiny hitch I ran into, which is why the posts have already been edited so many times:

The "Compiled & maintained..." string under the list's title is larger than I'm happy with. Whenever I tried to reduce the size below "8", which I had to do using the "Source" tab at the top-left-most corner of the posting / editing window, even after returning to the "normal view" first, once I submitted the edit, the post had the little size-bracket thingies appended and prepended to the phrase, and of course it was also then way too big.

Same thing happened with the "reserved" post. I used the one above it to experiment in trying to reduce the size to "7", but to no avail, so "8" it had to be. It was very funny to me to see the single word "reserved" with "edited 5 times, last by Monkey Man" below it. Classic!

Anyway, any help you or anyone else can provide will be very-much appreciated. I want to place my User name there for the sake of record only, so as long as it's able to be "magnified" and read if anyone should need to do so, I'll be happy; I just don't want it to be too obvious, such as one might expect from, well, someone other than I. Neither do I feel compelled to attach my real name to it for much the same reason.

Thank you in advance mate. I know you're pretty much all over the source-code thing, aren't you?

EDIT:

Blue-Highlighted section now-redundant as I chose in the end to remove all reverences to Monkey Man, rendering the list as well as the preset download "anonymous" apart from the credits I've provided to the creators of the presets.

Oh, and do you like the layout? I thought it wise to post only the list in the OP, with explanations and whatnot in the 2nd post. I made sure that the link I've placed in my sig takes one exactly to the very start of the list. I also provided info at the top of the old list as to what happened, and the same link to here. That way, even if someone clicks on all those links I provided in Don's thread, he / she will be taken to the old list, and then, via that new link that's now above the old list, to here.

• You know, I hadn't even thought of that reason, Harry!

Of course! If the list gets beyond 10 000 characters or whatever, it'll have to be split into the 2nd post. I just knew there'd be things I hadn't thought of.

I actually wanted to reserve 3 slots, but didn't want to come across as being self-important.

A good example of unforeseen developments has already reared its head - that of pamplemousse's preset question. I can't host anything as I've uploaded nothing to the internet except my avatar (really!), and I'm in no hurry to do so until I've eventually got music to share or sell. However, given the tiny file size of Kemper presets, I can't help but think that the mods might be down with the idea of their being uploaded to the forum. They could, for instance, occupy the 2nd post slot, at least until the wah list grows to the point that it requires that space, if that ever happens.

So yeah, presets could go second, after the text descriptions, and my heads-ups, changelog and whatnot could go into the 3rd slot. Poifect.

Let's see what the mods say; their word is Law.

EDIT:
    In the meantime, thanks to warlus1, they've been hosted at uploaded.net, so we can already see that 2nd-post idea in action. Looks good to me. Woohoo!

• Good sentiment, Kulle, but this is a forum (you know how that goes - if someone wants to say something, he will!) and I'm not a mod, so I don't have the power to delete posts. Regardless of what we might say, experience tells me that the thread will grow.

Some will have questions, others will have answers, and many, both. There'll be logistical discussions such as about who's going to host the presets at any given time. Who knows what might crop up? The thing we should remember, IMHO, is that there's no more-appropriate place to discuss the list, the presets and indeed other related issues than here. This is precisely why the first 3 posts will be used for the list, the preset link and relevant information, in that order. Nice and neat. The links in my sig point exactly to the list (1st link) and the DL post (2nd link). You can't get any more precise or neat than that, so for "newcomers", it couldn't be simpler or more accommodating... unless, of course, it was pinned, and that might still happen one day.

Everyone is of course welcome to add the links to his or her sig as well, 'cause unless or until the thread is pinned, those links will make folks aware of it when they're posting around the forum.

Hope this allays your fear, bud; I felt the same way 'til I thought it through and used the first 3 posts this way.

• Hi, thanks for that, i'm actually using an expression pedal for the first time so i'm digging wah etc and that will help a lot !!

Question, How to load effect presets (like the warlus dropbox) with the rig manager ? When I try to import them like a rig, the rig manager say to me :"Import failed. Only Profiler content can be imported."