Remote Backlight very dim after upgrading to v5

• Hey Fellas,
    has anyone experienced that the remote backlight intensity is rel. dark in V5?
    My bandmate has still the beta V5 on his kemper & backlight is fine.

We switched both remote & cables (+ checked the backlight setting in the system menü). So I'm pretty sure it's a software problem.

Cheers, Markus.

• I'm honestly not sure what that means... I just know that occassionaly I have to tweak it to get the display on the remote to clear up.

the viewing angle adjusts the contrast so you can read the display depending on the angle you look at it. the brightness parameter controls the intensity of the illumination behind the display (backlit). the knob on the back of Remote controls only the viewing angle.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Yesterday I went to the rehearsal room taking a few pics to compare both remotes.
    I also switched both remotes to exclude a hardware error.

Another thing I mentionend is that the newer Remote has green footswitch lights, mine has white ones. Strange.

Maybe one has a clou, what to do...

Another Question:
    When updating the profiler (via USB Stick) is the remote also updated?

Thanks, Markus.

• Plug in the "faulty" remote to the other kemper there, i assume you have a second kemper that's lighting up the second remote??
    if so , swap it, if its the same results, the remote is faulty, ONLY IF THE OTHER REMOTE LIGHTS UP OKAY On YOUR 1st KEMPER.

So plug in the working remote onto YOUR kemper (then swap)
    lights up okay? then its the remote.
    does that make sense?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hey Ash,
    I did this :D
    In the two pics you see the exact procedure, swapping the remotes between two kempers. One has the beta on it and mine (with the dim backlight) has the official v5 on it.

Strange. As it seems I'm the only one with the problem :wacko:

• Have you tried to plug it in before turning on the KPA?
    I had a similar thing with my first floorboard (white led's) a while ago...

Turned out that if I connected the ethernet cable after the KPA was running, the lcd display were dim like yours.
    If i plugged the remote and the KPA together before turning on, everything was okay.

Remedy in my case: Send the remote back for repair (still under warranty, mine was).

Since I needed the remote I ordered another one, and got one with the green leads. Kemper people stated that they had switched from white to green led's...

Hope this can aid you in the troubleshooting, but do contact support 8)

• Hey Ash,
    I did this :D
    In the two pics you see the exact procedure, swapping the remotes between two kempers. One has the beta on it and mine (with the dim backlight) has the official v5 on it.

Strange. As it seems I'm the only one with the problem :wacko:

Hi!
    Did You swap the cables too?

• I have the same Problem, After the Update to V5.1 the Display from the Remote has a dim backlight. Is it a Problem with the Software? Has anybody a Solution?

• it could be the contrast needing adjustment
    look on top of the remote see the contrast knob??
    adjust it SLOWLY.

Did that work?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I think we need to make a Kemper users quick start and tutorial for all.

Soon as i can get some things of the way ill start filming.
    I got a new second kemper so i can start filming things from scratch :)

The community here have posted so much help, think we should put it on video
    what do you guys think?

Ash

• I think we need to make a Kemper users quick start and tutorial for all.

Nice Idea - just wanted to remind. There exist a lot of documents about that.
    There is the great WiKPA - (at the moment I do not know the link)
    There exist a great start-up document from Viabroce.
    There are a lot of videos access able from the kemper site and via YouTube
    And of course - the whole documentation, where we could discuss is it enough helpfull for beginners or not.
    For me it was good enough - not every time very easy to follow but every information is available.
    It reminds me a little of fragments which seems not to have a clear structure to follow the actual development. (Better this way than vice verse :!: ).

The topic is more that there is not a really place to collect all information systematically. The structure of documents is not consistent.

Lot of tips can be found in the forum, but not easy to find when you need it. (exept you have a filesystem managment as @skoczy obviously has made for himself. :thumbup: )

An important point is a missing patience and the will for self search .
    For many user it is simpler to ask in the forum than to search. On the long run it is not really helpful, if you are not in the position to understand the documentation!.

It would certainly be very honorable to write a new tutorial but I think that a better structure of accessibility and archieving would have more effect.
    I am afraid that a new document would not really help for a principle problem.