Recording Dual kempers/mission stereo cabs to show you guys

• Guys, since getting my Rack to run with my toaster (through 2 stereo Mission FRFR's) i have found that 2 rigs (not just the same rig through 2 kempers) creates some kind of unique sonic single rig ... one fills in the mids or gives the other top end etc blah, in other words 2 kempers with 2 rigs even the same rig creates a unique sounding rig that i cant get from one kemper alone, even through my mission stereo FRFR.

I am trying to figure how to record both of them to show you guys so i can show individual rigs then how it sounds when the second kemper kicks in AS ONE RIG with the same rig or another rig in the kemper(s). Its just unique man. Now my Mission stereo cabs (Gemini) may be able to go into a lap top (dont have an interface yet as am saving up for a high end one) but i will have one soon, yes i know that sucks).

So whats you best advice how to record 2 kempers to show you guys these examples and how?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Sounds like a good idea, Ash.

If you don't have a way to record with a mic, I'd suggest experimenting with a couple of cameras positioned a bit of distance from the speakers so that they can capture the tone.

Optimal for this kind of video is to actually have a room mic or a pair of them positioned equidistantly from the cabs, imo. Even better than just running direct into an interface, since it's more real world.

• I was listening to a short radio blurb this morning on four-part harmony (a.k.a. barbershop quartets). They talked about how when you have 'it' going, it sounds like there is a fifth voice, and that the singers each feel it resonating in different ways in their bodies. I think the term they used was 'overtones' or something like that. My guess is that by using the two kempers you are creating a similar sonic phenomena. Sounds pretty cool, but also very expensive! :D

• I was listening to a short radio blurb this morning on four-part harmony (a.k.a. barbershop quartets). They talked about how when you have 'it' going, it sounds like there is a fifth voice, and that the singers each feel it resonating in different ways in their bodies. I think the term they used was 'overtones' or something like that. My guess is that by using the two kempers you are creating a similar sonic phenomena. Sounds pretty cool, but also very expensive! :D

A cheap and simple way to do it is using an ADT pedal. Works great!

• Thanks a lot guys , yeah there is some thing about the 2 amp sound that just has more tone (if that makes any sense?)
    I know its expensive but tone to a guitarist is like...well dont go there :D .Yeah it sucks because its expensive but you cant hear what i hear and not want to share it with you guys. I had a look at AJ's idea last night i could hear some difference on the video camera but if i could get an interface it would blow you guys the F away.

Man i used LAR's free smashing pumpkin rig with Live Ready's DBuz (old modern) and the sludge stonner blend of these 2 rings is just a wall of stereo sound, ah shit man, i gotta just buy an interface already :rolleyes: , sorry for the rant and thanks for the ideas as always guys you are appreciated.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Ash - IMO you should record the output of the two kempers into a computer audio interface - going into a PC or Mac. You will need (at least) either 4 analog ins or two analog channel inputs and two coaxial S/PDIF channels. Record the two stereo signals (if you want the KPA's stereo FX including space and reverb) and blend the channels in a program like Reaper and mix down the result to a stereo wav file. You can export to wav or mp3. No need to try and record your FRFR with mics.

Interfaces that can do all this start at around 2-400 bucks - eg

https://www.zoom-na.com/produc…-44-handy-audio-interface
    https://www.storedj.com.au/zoo…out-handy-audio-interface

• @Antipodes Thanks mate, i think that's the only way to do it justice as i really want to show you guys this sound, will chase that up :)
    The camera shots were still dope (so thanks AJ), but nothing like what it sounds like being between these 2 cabs (makes it a stereo 4X12) live
    gotta get the interface like you said

Ash

• @Antipodes Thanks mate, i think that's the only way to do it justice as i really want to show you guys this sound, will chase that up :)
    The camera shots were still dope (so thanks AJ), but nothing like what it sounds like being between these 2 cabs (makes it a stereo 4X12) live
    gotta get the interface like you said

Ash

Ash, the most pressing question is if you have a mini-fridge for the beer, located precisely between your two Kempers. If not...what are you waiting for, brother?

:D

• Hahaa!, yes of cause John how could i have missed that man :D
    I just plugged in my new audio interface :thumbup:
    [Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/krfl7gw5vw8j9lo/interface.JPG?dl=1]

Sweet! What did you get?

Why i suggested a mic recording is because we don’t get to hear the Geminis in action otherwise. They’ll be out of the equation.

• :D

@nightlight
    AJ sorry missed your Q, now i am saving up to get the RME, that was recommended by you guys,
    that post i made was a joke see the cable plugged into the beer? :D

Ash