Cabinets for Kemper

• I use my kemper profiler with studio monitors, but I was thinking of investing in a 2x12 cabinet for practice/live. My question more specifically is whats a good cabinet to pair with the amps 600 watt power, im still pretty nooby when it comes to the tech stuff of guitar equipment so any help is appreciated.

• Have in mind, when you buy a real 2x12 cabinet, you have to switch off the cab sim.
    So what you hear with every profile you load is this real cab and not the versatile thing of a profile with different cabs.

I can't recommend a real cab. I played one too, but I sold it and bought an frfr.
    This was the best thing I have done with the kpa. The secret of the coolest sounds of the kpa are the cabs.

Just my 2 cents after 4 years of tonehunting.

Cheers
    Frank

• cabs do get a bit boring after a while. I'd also choose frfr but have a cab too for when you just miss it lol

Live, I also like both at the same time but would choose an frfr backline over a cab but then again, depends on what's going on with the rest of the band and the venue I'm playing in. Music genre is arguable

• I grabbed an Avalon birch 2x12 off craigslist and a homemade one off a friend 1x12. You might be a Marshall 4x10 kind of guy wanting those T-75s.

In the 1x12 I have a 25w Greenback for a tight rocky little sound that growls.
    But I like the 2x12 more (louder?) and it has a 70th G12H anniversary and a G12 Vintage 30 pair of Celestions at 16 Ohms that are wired for 8 Ohms.

The beauty of cabinets are they all sound different, to me, more so than power heads. I once had 1 amp (well, I had 5, but for this application I used 1) and 5 cabinets to suit the mood.

I still listen in headphone and record SPDIFF which is closer to what an FRFR would sound like. So you have to turn off CAB and roll with different profiles or a different tone for the same profile you might be used to with CAB on.

They key is to not obsess and just let your ear be the judge as to what sound good and has you jammin'!

• @shaunn99

I agree with the previous posts and recommendations. I have a KPA Power Rack, and at first I played it through my Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12, or through an Egnater 1x12.

However, I knew I was limiting my experience, due to the importance of the cabinets that make up such a huge part of the Kemper's amp profiles. A guitar cabinet/speaker contributes approximately 70% of the over-all tone. I ended up buying and switching over to a XiTone Passive 1x12 FRFR wedge, and have never looked back.

I am copying and pasting one of my posts from another thread, which might be of some help:

---------------------------------

With all that said, I personally prefer the vast variety of tones I can achieve when connecting my powered KPA to my FRFR monitor (which is a XiTone passive 1x12). Keep in mind that the guitar cabinet contributes the majority of the unique tone in any given amp-cabinet system. While it is difficult to quantify the relationship exactly, a common rule of thumb is that the guitar cabinet contributes (or is responsible for) 70% of the over-all tone.

In other words, if you keep your amp head fixed, and switch and play through many different guitar cabinets, you will hear an appreciable and significant difference in tones and tonal textures. Conversely, if you keep your guitar cabinet fixed, and switch and play through various make/models of amp heads that have similar gain structure...you will not hear as dramatic a difference. Getting used to playing your KPA through an FRFR monitor allows you to take advantage and leverage the capability of the Kemper to authentically reproduce different amp/cabinet combinations.

Here is a direct link to the post/thread, with further info. you might find helpful:
    Guitar cab or FRFR-and why

Cheers,
    John

• I have never seen any thing beat a stereo FRFR (i use the Mission/Gemini) just makes the kemper's range or rigs shine (bigger variety of sounds).. Hmm I see some say that you cant get a 4X12 amp in the room sound with a FRFR..

Actually i heard CK say in the 2018 NAAM video that some say this..well guess what?

I got TWO 2X12 stereo mission FRFR's, when i plug one into the other, it automatically recognizes
    the other cab and creates a master/slave, actually i dont like using that word WTF would some one call it that.

Lets just say it goes from a 2X12 stereo CAB to 4X12 Stereo, come over and feel the power
    Then let me see you bitch about the 4X12 sound

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• sometimes I feel like I need this 2x12 mission passive cab AND a stereo frfr. Thinking about the headrush frfr which is pretty much the same as the alto but whatevs. Powered toaster into passive 2x12 and then quarter inch main outs to 2 powered frfr. I have a synth rig that I could run into them as swell. ;) 0.o

• I have a cab with a Eminence Swamp Thang 12" 150/8 what sounds excellent with almost all profiles (not those for acoustics / bass of course). In addition I have in stereo the EV ZLX 12 active PA system. Even at home I love to run in parallel both the real speaker and the PA e.g. for stereo delay. For me I had never a better sounding system. For looping I run in addition a MEsa Boogie Express ... so it s pretty loud at home :)