Newly Made Profile Writes Over Existing Rig

• I apologize if this has been covered. The search wouldn't generate it.

Every time I profile an amp, it replaces the rig in the 4th bank on Performance mode. I had that bank set for my acoustic rig, but now it's a 65 Bassman, but with the effects from the acoustic rig. Curiously enough, when I'm in "PROFILER" mode and begin storing my new profile name, it shows the info of the rig I'm (apparently) writing over. Your help is greatly appreciated.

• Scroll to a different performance.
    Load.
    Scroll back.
    Load.

Does that work? I’ve noticed similar when switching from Profiler mode to Performance or Browse mode. Just loading doesn’t seem to change anything unless you load up a different one first.

• The problem I have is it's not just replacing, it's actually deleting that rig, and replacing it with the new profile, while somehow merging the effects. I don't want to delete and replace anything, so this has me very puzzled.

• The problem I have is it's not just replacing, it's actually deleting that rig, and replacing it with the new profile, while somehow merging the effects. I don't want to delete and replace anything, so this has me very puzzled.

Yup, I have the exact same issue as you but it didn't happen from day 1 of getting the profiler and making profiles. Initially it was fine, as in this issue didn't occur. Then one day doing some new profiles it started happening and wouldn't go away (on its own, ha ha!).

So rather than worry too much about it, what I did to workaround it is create a "dummy" performance called "Profiling Amps" and always have that performance as the last loaded performance when I am about to profile an amp. that way, the rig that gets replaced in the performance slot isn't one that I actually care about.

I chose to workaround this oddity because other than that issue, the rest of my KPA seems to be perfect. Hope that helps for you!

• i have the same problem except it will replace an amp in my browser. When i go to rename it the name of an existing profile shows up and i have to delete each section of the profile. But what I noticed it really doesnt delete it, it shows as a double profile. Then i can go in and delete the name and add the new name. I wish it would just have a blank slot when you give your profile a name rather than an existing profile. Am I doing something wrong or is that just the way it is?