HELP---PROFILING WITH FOCUSRITE SAFFIRE

• I'm going guitar into kemper input, direct out in to my marshall head and cab, mic into my focusrite scarlett 18i20 and using SPIDF IN/OUT.

When I try to profile it makes the alien sounds for a few seconds (while that is happening I cant get any output sound from my reference amp until the kemper stops trying to profile saying ERROR" no external amp connected or volume too low"

Turning up the return level doesn't fix anything.... and I think ive tried everything

is there a wrong connection here or is there an adjustment in the scarlett mixing control that I'm missing?

HELP!

• Yup, figured it out.
    just got my kemper and trying to learn how to profile and remamp all at the same time... confusing myself
    ------------------------------

When I profile my amp it sounds great but then after I store it, the profile sounds like shit... what happened??

• Yup, figured it out.
    just got my kemper and trying to learn how to profile and remamp all at the same time... confusing myself
    ------------------------------

When I profile my amp it sounds great but then after I store it, the profile sounds like shit... what happened??

Check the "pure cab" setting in the output menu, and set it to zero (disable it completely - can't remember if there is a button that let's you do that). See if that helps.

• Ive got that turned right down to zero.

now when I try to refine the profile the sound is poor and all crackely

it sounds fine coming through the headphones and everything prior to that...

is there something else I could be missing ?? driving me crazy

Thanks !!

• When you store it try putting a new name. and when you switch to browse mode make sure that the profile that you just made is loaded otherwise browse to it. Sometimes, I've noticed that when I switch to browse mode, still need to browse to get to the profile that I just made, HTH