"Early Reflection" Problem Sound

• Dear Kemper,

My church recently purchased a Profiler. We turned it on and set it up for rehearsal. I then plugged in a set of headphones and a guitar. What I heard on all amp sounds was a very slight millisecond effect...as if I was listening to two digital signals. I double checked to make sure all internal effects were turned off. But the pure amp signal sounds like it's in a very small room. Is there latency within it's own sound? Or is there a second source being combined somehow? Any help appreciated. Eric Rudd. Bloomington, Indiana

• Hello

in the output menu, there is a parameter named SPACE and it is just a small room reverb to add ambience to the headphones

that effect makes hearing throught headphone much more pleasent in my opinion

have a nice weekend
    Claudio

• Claudio....thank you. I can't wait to get home from work and test out your suggestion. Thank you.

PeterKoch....it's brand new. Never used.

Weird setting.

Not so weird! Probably why you find it so nice on your headphones! Don't turn it off, just click the soft button to unlink it from outputs other than headphones!

• Well...speaking as an engineer....kinda weird.

In the setting of my example above, I was trying to use the Kemper onstage in a live band setting. Having NEVER used the Kemper before, I was trying to run through amp profiles through which I was going to play. The main output was going to FOH, and I was simply listening to the various rigs in the headphone jack of the Kemper.

I was also going through my pedal board before the Kemper. With the "Space" effect on in the headphones, it was difficult to judge how much additional reverb (from a pedal) to add to my sound before the Kemper input. I was also using a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones so the "room" effect was very prominent. It sounded like I was standing 6 feet away from the virtual cabinet. Exactly what the effect is designed to do, but difficult to assess the base-line sound.

I'm not complaining about the feature, just didn't know about it until the wonderful help from this forum.

• Hey Eric,

It's obviously not there to help with Rig assessment, although it could play a role in giving insight as to how one might sound in a mix context. Rather, it's simply a handy option for those who find listening to Rigs via headphones "suffocating" and to that end it adds a little "air" for a "more-natural" vibe.

Welcome to the forum, mate, and God bless.

• Monkey_Man.... and God Bless right back at 'cha.

Yeah...it's a neat idea. Just got me off guard when I was in the heat of battle....on stage getting ready to use a product during rehearsal and wondering why every amp I tried sounded like it was recorded in a medium room.

Now that I know what it is and how to use it, much less of a problem!