Kemper Profiler and DT990 Pro

• Hi guys,

I honest am not sure what am I doing wrong here and surely I do.

the sound that comes to my ears from the kemper is lacking in "space", Bass and it's just not what I would hear from other people who have been using the device.

Here's a set of pictures of my configuration. I hope you guys could help me identify my issue.

Thank you so much in advance.

https://imgur.com/gallery/fzTc5ga

• It looks as if you have the cabinet switched off. The sound you're getting should be quite brittle, harsh and piercing.

I am not in front of my KPA at the moment, so I cannot instantly tell you what exact buttons to press. But I'd start with a long-press on the CABINET button to see if you can turn something on here which is currently off.

I have a DT770 Pro and I love it with my KPA, so the DT990 should do as well or better.

• The DT990 sounds NOTHING like the DT770!

The 770 is very mid-rangey, whereas the 990 is very scooped and airy. The 990 is great for hip hop and non-guitar music. It sounds great for modern hip/pop.... Lorde, et al.

But classic rock sounds pretty eviscerated when all the guitars are subdued and sitting in the back seat of the mix. I would think the 990 isn't a very good match for a modeler. I never owned a Kemper and the 990s at the same time though.

• Hi,

Unfortunately, using the Sony MDRx 1000 yielded the same results as the DT990 Pro.

can someone refer me to a tutorial for best practice configuration of the kemper with headphones please ?

Thanks.

• Most of your pictures show the CAB block off as noted above...this will sound bad. Have you made sure this is not the issue?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.