MAIN OUTPUT DELAY ISSUES

• Hi Guys!

Newbie here.

I have been working on my new kemper sounds thru headphones and it sounds amazing.

I finally received my Scarlett interface and decided to connect the Main Output to one channel.

For some reason every single Rig has delay thru the main output. I have been trying to find a way to turn off the delay on every single rig that does not have one. I can still hear the Rig without Delay thru headphones simultaneously.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• If you can, plug in a powered speaker directly to the Kemper Main Out. Most likely you won't hear any latency.

If this is the case, the interface introduces it. There are tons of threads here on how to eliminate or at least limit it. Try searching the make/model of your interface.

• That's more interesting ;)

How is your interface hooked up? Are you monitoring right at the interface or on the computer through a DAW?

Do you hear the delay if you plug a (powered) speaker straight into the Main Out?

• I hooked it up and monitor thru Ableton live.

I hear the delay effect thru the monitor speakers.

The headphone output from the Kemper does not have delay.

I did not try the headphone output directly from the Interface.

Maybe Ableton has a delay effect turn on somewhere and I did not notice.

Let me check a brand new session and also the Interface headphone output to see if I still get the delay effect.

I thought that maybe there was a delay/effect setting for each output that I had to turn off.

• Maybe it's really latency, but really long latency. Don't monitor through your DAW. Disable software monitoring on your DAW and use direct monitoring by hooking your speakers up directly to the KPA's outputs.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I just connected my headphones directly to the interface headphone output. I can still hear the delay/echo effect.

All of the other instruments have no delay/echo effect.

Zero Latency. I truly hear a delay/echo effect.

We are rehearsing and recording thru ableton live so this extra delay/echo effect is very annoying. I cannot just plug directly to the monitor speakers.

The headphone output from the Kemper is perfect.

Not sure what to do here.

I am missing something.

• Maybe there's a delay effect enabled within Ableton?

But still I'm thinking that what you're hearing comes from software monitoring through the DAW. There's no problem with rehearsing und recording through Ableton. But if you're monitoring your own personal signal through Ableton as well it adds latency. This is what you're hearing as a delay, I believe. It's a single delay-repeat, right?

• Single Delay Repeat.

No Ableton right now. And still the same issue.

I just connected a cable from the Kemper Headphone Amp to my Interface channel and I hear the Echo.

Let me reboot the computer. It might be Ableton.

• A single delay-repeat clearly indicates that something's adding latency. In this case your interface and/or Ableton and/or software monitoring. The fact that there's no delay through the KPA's headphone output shows that it isn't the KPA's fault.

• I just rebooted the computer and it seems Ableton had a delay effect stuck somewhere from our session.

Now I have no Delay!! Sounds exactly as the Kemper Headphone Output.

WOW!

Sometimes we just have to go with the basics.

Thanks a lot guys for your help and sorry about this basic newbie issue.