So a month or so ago we did a one off show and when I arrived for soundcheck (after the tee he set up and line checked) our monitor engineer asked me to look over the set up as the output from my Kemper seemed about 10-12 dB lower than it had been through our whole summer tour (using the same Performance bank)
We never could find what was up and ended up just doing the show with him cranking the monitor desk gain to compensate and FOH just dealt.
Then the next show we played it seems back to ‘normal’ and we just assumed it was some weirdness there in the snake or cabling...
But... fast forward.
Not we have done three more one offs and for all of these last three the output again seems low.
I can’t see any obvious reason why anything has changed.
But I’m throwing it out here to see if anyone has an instant inkling as to what might have been bumped or what to look at.
The output level is still where I stored it.
Volume control on the front panel is still set to only affect the powered out to the cab.
I’ve tried it with and without the remote connected. And with and without the expression/volume pedal attached to said remote.
Even reloaded from a thumb drive backup.