Non-linear Morph curves (per parameter)

• Seeing the video of the new editor tweaking Morph parameters got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if instead of a simple, linear "start here, end there" response, we could tell the KPA to use a different morph curve? This would potentially really increase the useable range of morphing with an expression pedal, especially when morphing multiple parameters simultaneously. For example, I like to morph my reverbs and delays to get longer and more intense toward the end of the range. So point A is pretty dry, point B is outer space, and in between is where I usually live. Wouldn't it be cool if I could morph the mix control on a phaser, for example, to only kick on in that last 10% of the expression pedal range? I have a one-knob TC reverb pedal with software that allows me to program the curves, and it's really useful.

Another cool tweak would be allowing Morph to control on/off parameters, not just continuous ones. Similar idea - you could specify at which point along the curve you'd like the Stomps to turn on, for example.

• You can see some of the breakpoint curves in this video for the Hall of Fame 2:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a little much, but it could be as simple as right-clicking a knob in the new Editor and choosing a curve style (parabolic, S, etc) then tweaking the intensity. Would also be cool to have certain parameters only activate in part of the overall morph curve, like the phaser idea.

• Interesting example.

The TC Tone Print is actually one of the reasons I was never bothered about (even hostile to the idea of) getting an editor for the KPA.^^

I have a HoF and Tone Print Editor on my iPad. I was blown away by the concept of beaming presets to my pedals through my guitar pickups - totally Star Trek! However, in reality it was more hassle that it was worth and the editor was so cumbersome that I just set the pedal at a basic ambience or plate setting with the level very low and never touched it again. The simplicity is one of the reasons I love the physical editing nature of the KPA so much. However, if the new editor lets me tweak knobs like a real amp but have it update the onscreen management of these tweaks then it looks like win win. Deep dive editing like that is unlikely to ever be much interest to me but I understand what you are looking for and if any one can find a way to make it user friendly enough for Luddites like me then it's the team at Kemper ^^

• That sounds awesome. It could get pretty scary in terms of complexity in setting the ranges but I'm sure the guys at Kemper could figure out a way of keeping it simple and user friendly enough for intellectually challenged peeps like myself ^^

Maybe it could be done by adding several different waypoints along the pedal's travel? Wouldn't be logarithmic scales or anything - just a curve consisting of individual linear sections - bue it would be straight-forward from a user perspective, I think