Tweaking?

• I almost always have to adjust the presence and treble on a lot of profiles. Is this normal? Not all are like this, but theres quite a few that sound muffled. Example I'm on the Greg Allen Budda and they are all muffled. I have to turn the treble and presence full to get them to sound right. I'm using alnico 2 pickups. Do you think it has to do with the pickups he profiled with?

• more precisely, it has to do with the way the profiled amp was set. If someone uses a bright sounding guitar (like a swamp ash telecaster), he'll most likely set his amp accordingly (darker). The KPA now profiles this setting. If someone with a darker sounding guitar now plays this profile, he might need to add treble. Just like he would if he'd plugged into the amp that was profiled.

• Yes, that 'muddled' sound as you describe it, is the main reason I really don't like the Budda amps a lot (while most of the people seem to adore them). I did notice it on quite a few other profiles with my Les Paul, but increasing the amp's clarity helps quite a bit. Try it! :thumbup:

• The settings of the profiled amps always vary depending on the taste of the player, the guitar, the playing style, the room, the way how he listened to the amp, the mic, the sound of his cat... :) Nothing wrong when you need to tweak a bit. I guess sounds thought for recordings have less highs and presence as the ones for live-use. :rolleyes: I'm too slow.

• Coolio! Thanks Guys! It's not just me then. I guess that's the game, but wow that's a lot of tweaking of the presence and treble to get it up to what I like. Yep I like in your face modern, but sometimes i like that muddled for some power chords(dual rectifier growl)

• Coolio! Thanks Guys! It's not just me then. I guess that's the game, but wow that's a lot of tweaking of the presence and treble to get it up to what I like. Yep I like in your face modern, but sometimes i like that muddled for some power chords(dual rectifier growl)

have you tried using the definition parameter in the amp instead?

• Haven't tried the definition, but I just tried it and it seems to help a little. Maybe good for the profiles that are slightly muffled. Thanks!

I'm like a super sick guy so I haven't really had much time to play with my kemper. Most days just don't feel like it, but man I'm on fire today. This is the best purchase I've ever made. I really wanted to get one of those 5150s, but with the tweaked profile there's no point.

• I have noticed that setting a higher value in the tube bias parameter gives more definition and less muffled sound (and a little less distortion too).
    Clarity and definition parameters will help a lot too.

What i find quite useless are the cab parameters. Low/Hi shift affect the sound too much, imho, and they never give a "natural sound". I'd prefere a more classic EQ, hopefully an low/hi shelving one.
    And a cone distortion parameter.

• I found many of the profiles a bit muffled also. Most of them were so dark that I couldn't adjust the EQ enough to make them usable for me. So, it's not just you :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer