Too many rigs, head spinning...

• Hi all, as a new Kemper dude I’m just starting to get the hang of it but need a bit of advice/info on how you all keep your rig. There’s hundreds of rigs now on my profiler but I have little need for hi gain metal stuff. I guess I can delete them off the profiler but they’ll still be in my library? That’s be fine. Just looking for some organizing tips. Thanks!

• At home, I keep all my rigs in Rig Manager. It's easy to try amps/rigs out without actually storing on the Kemper. When I gig, I store only the rigs I need on the Kemper plus a few that are versatile for a lot of situations.

My understanding is you're supposed to keep the stored rigs <1,000.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• The Rig Manager does make things much easier. Search, sorting, etc, all really fast.

Also, marking the rigs you like Favorites also speeds things up. Then you just have to select to Browse from Favorites and things get simpler - at least for a while, until you have a hundred favorites :P

• I have too many rigs on my KPA ( circa 300) but it doesn't matter to me as I just use performance mode and my basic sounds are there.

However, using Rig Manager is a very easy way to control what you have and audition new sounds. Its one of the big issues for me too much choice!! After a while of trying new rigs, you get Rig blindness and forget what you like!