Simple foot switch search

• Couldn’t find an answer searching so I’m hoping someone in here can help. My kemper never leaves my studio and I don’t play live., BUT....My band from high school wants to re record some old stuff. I want to use my kemper. I don’t want to spent $900 on a kemper pedal. I see and hear of other pedals that work but it’s unclear .... I need something that can toggle a solo boost and/or solo rig on/off and I also need to be able to toggle between clean/distortion...is this possible with an inexpensive pedal? Can someone please explain how and what I need? Thanks !

• +1 for the cheap and cheerful non latching pedal. I bought one with 2 buttons off ebay for about £15 and it works fine. You can also buy one with 4 buttons or a pair of 2 button switches if you need more.

However, another option might be to automate the changes. If you are recording, I assume you are using a DAW. If the band are playing to a click you could easily send a midi control command to change settings on the Kemper.

• Here is what I would do for and inexpensive pedal setup.

Boss FS6 or FS7 (set the switch to non latching) and a expression pedal (Moog EP-3 for example)

Use the dual combined output TRS on the footswitch and connect to Pedal input one on the Kemper. Set the Kemper pedal switch to dual and the assign the tip and ring options to pedal Up/down. Then set up the expression pedal to input 2 of the Kemper and set it for Wah/Morph.

Now you can go up or down between rigs/ performances and use the morph feature to go from clean and dirty as needed and wah if you want on a rig.