Guitar Pickups - Poll - Please Read

Not trying to be a killjoy but ‘what are you hoping to achieve?’ If you look on the Bareknuckle page in the humbucker section, there is a vast difference from one end of the spectrum to the other in terms of output and ‘which bits of the spectrum get emphasised’. Ditto other manufacturers. And that is before you’ve considered what guitar it’s in (bridge, Wood, scale length, pickguard mounting or not etc) all make a difference. And then the pickup height, string gauge, plectrum..... And the person - not just the way they play but also what their ears think of as a P90 sound or a PAF.

I don't understand what the poll is supposed to do either. I have 20+ guitars with all kind of pickups. As long as not all elements are taken into account, the statements are not worth too much.

For example when I only say my favourite Gibson Les Paul has a 57 classic plus in the bridge. Noone knows if a 300k or 500k pot was used, how I adjusted the polepieces, if it is a covered PU,...

When I tell, that I don't liked the Burstbucker 3 on one guitar, but it sounds right on the other one, whereas the DiMarzio 36th anniversary pickups sounded mediocre on a superstrat (basswood body), but perfect on my Les Paul Traditional Pro (with very nice coil splitting tone) - what is won?

And when I say that I am currently very often use my Musicman Stingray guitar with MM custom humbuckers - I don't think any profiler will match their packs to that specific pu.

I have a custom made tele with Squier tele single coils that sound fantastic - I found out that these are "rebranded" Tonerider pu's. Does this help any seller of profiles?

I don't think so, but it's still fun reading this thread :)

• in a nutshell. I mostly play modified Fender strats.

Majority of bridge pickups are Dimarzio Tone Zone (either full size or rail size).

Majority of neck pickups are Seymour Duncan jb jr neck pickup (rail size).

Middle pickups (if still used) are the standard USA middle single coil, usually in split positions with bridge and neck pickups.

And then my dimarzio lucky dips that get swapped in and out of various guitars:

D sonic, air Norton, virtual solo, 36th anniversary neck and bridge humbuckers