How to profile my stomp boxes and have them listed in the effects

• Hi,

I think I remember reading a thread that you can profile stomp boxes in isolation (not part of an amp or cabinet profile...

Is it possible to do this then have the stomps show up in the effects section of the kemper?

I have a few custom stomp boxes I made, and would like to use them in the kemper...instead of using the actual effects pedals.

TIA

Ron

• Not possible I'm afraid, Ron.

You can Profile a stomp but that creates a Rig where the Profile will reside in the amp block.

The stomps available on the Kemper are no different from the effects in their makeup - algorithms are programmed by the team to represent the various flavours of stomp (just like effects), and the tweaks you make (parameter adjustments) can be stored as Presets (just like effects).

In this sense, they're just like Helix, Axe or any other "conventional" modeller's models - built from the ground up in code, "manually", as opposed to the Kemper's Profiles, which are "captured" from devices.

• There is no way to 'combine' two rigs, as if to have two amps running. However, profiles can be created with a dirt pedal on during the process. This is done quite frequently. Matter of fact, one of my current favorite clean rigs is a HiWatt with a JHS Superbolt in front of it.

You can't model a pedal by itself, but you can model the amp with and without the pedal on.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche