download trouble

• perhaps corrupted during download!?

thats what i was thinking tbh mate, the file is empty by the looks of it too. when i emailed the guy about it i think i got an automated reply ("just follow instructions as per email").

i've emailed him again so we'll see what he says, was just wondering if i was doing something simple or whatever wrong.

• Hey John,

Assuming you've tried re-downloading it and found the file to be byte-for-byte the same size again (on Mac hit COMMAND-I or Get Info from the right-click mini menu), it could be that 7zip's fickle about the particular file. You see this once in a while with many archiving utilities.

In such situations, there's just one that I rate even above all my usual go-to utilities such as SimplyRAR, The Unarchiver and GuiTAR, and that is Keka. Even when the Mac's built-in Archive Utility refuses to unzip a file, claiming that it's corrupted or whatever, Keka extracts it flawlessly.

You can get it here free:

Keka - the macOS file archiver

If you're on PC, re-download the file and compare the file size, but choose as many different archiving utilities as it takes to be able to unzip it error-free. There should be a boatload of free options out there.

If the file size isn't consistent from download to download, there's your problem - it's arriving incomplete. In this case, try a download manager. On Mac I recommend Folx, which you can grab for free (there's a light version). On PC, I can only suggest looking for free options.

If all this fails, you may have to chat to the vendor 'cause it'd be looking, at that point, like the file on his server is corrupted and he may need to re-upload it.

HTH, mate.

EDIT:

Geez, I spent so long putting that together that others have replied in the meantime. Sorry if there's anything redundant in here now, John.

• great help mate, thank you!

i've downloaded it about 10 times, and every time its 0KB in size. tried a few different archiving utilities and the usual message.

think i'll just have to wait for word from the vendor.