Kemper with Vocals

• Yep, I do this from time to time when reamping some vocal tracks. I use some of the great profiles from Downfall Studio on the RigExchange which are made from Neve 1073, Avalon, UAD preamps. Those serve pretty well to thicken the track and add effects to it. Which I have in my DAW as well but sometimes the Kemper gives something special to it. Naturally when it comes to some distortion on the vocals you have the greatest selection of cool break up and overdrives with the great machine.

And by the way I use it not only for guitars, basses and vocals but as well on other non-string instruments in the same way as described above.

• Yep, I do this from time to time when reamping some vocal tracks. I use some of the great profiles from Downfall Studio on the RigExchange which are made from Neve 1073, Avalon, UAD preamps. Those serve pretty well to thicken the track and add effects to it. Which I have in my DAW as well but sometimes the Kemper gives something special to it. Naturally when it comes to some distortion on the vocals you have the greatest selection of cool break up and overdrives with the great machine.

And by the way I use it not only for guitars, basses and vocals but as well on other non-string instruments in the same way as described above.

Hey man do you just mic straight into the front input?

• Hey man do you just mic straight into the front input?

No, that doesn't work as the Kemper input is designed for guitar signals, doesn't deliver Phantom Power etc.

I use a separate mic preamp / channel strip (in my case usually an SPL Track One) and take the XLR output into the XLR return input in the Kemper. Putting an effects loop in the first stomp then to grab the signal. Other ways possible as well. Potentially you can go from the mic preamp out into the Kemper input as well but then you need to be very careful with the levels. Not sure if this would work.

Anyways most time I just use it via re-amping, so I send already recorded vocal tracks through the Kemper via SPDIF in and outs. Results are really cool 8)