Cory Wong Sound

• Hi All,

I've become addicted to Cory Wong and Vulfpeck and was wondering if anyone had any rigs that were close to his sound. I know he has said in the past he has used an M Britt profile but just after something that has that super compressed, clean woody wound to it if anyone can help!

Thanks!

• I wish I had the link, but there is a Youtube video where he's using a Kemper and says "I just picked a profile and turned the gain all way down...."

Or words to that effect.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Cheers both, yes I saw that .... 70 Marshall SL2 profile with gain turned down to almost zero. I know he will use an external compressor to get his sound but just wondered if anyone had anything set up with all the effects on it that got it somewhere close.

• From wiki:

Equipment[edit]

Wong's primary equipment includes the following, Guitar: Fender Highway One Stratocaster[d] with Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups, Amplifiers: Fender '65 Super Reverb reissue and Kemper Profiler, Strings: D'Addario NYXL (.010–.046), Accessories: Wampler Ego Compressor, Vertex Steel String Clean Drive, and Strymon Big Sky.[17][18] He uses a variety of other instruments and accessories as well.[17][18] He aims for a clean tone, and often records direct.[27] In 2021, the Fender company released Wong's signature model Stratocaster guitar.[24]

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.