Volume difference between guitars (anyone use a pedal in front of Kemper)?

• I really love where this conversation has gone, I like hearing how other people approach volume which can be a problem across performances and from song to song and even within the same song. . I didn't use a volume pedal for the longest time but I finally bought one and added it in. I mainly control gain and volume with my guitar and once I get my Kemper where I want it with boost buttons for leads and get my performances dialed in for higher gains I probably won't need a volume pedal. I have a habit on some songs where I turn the volume pedal up slightly and back the guitar volume down to get a cleaner sound then I roll the guitar volume up for leads. On songs that require higher gains I bring the volume pedal down and turn the guitar volume up to get a higher gain sound, then if I need to play a lead I either stomp on a boost on the Kemper or bump up the volume pedal. I set the volume pedal at about 60 percent in the heal position to 100 percent in the toe position. My problem is I don't have time to get the Kemper exactly where I want it (kids at home) makes it hard to set the rig up with my FRFR and play it loud so I really have a volume pedal as a backup if I need to boost something easily. Most of my tweaking is either at practice or at a gig. We have practice tonight so I'm going to bring the LEs Paul and try to turn to Clean Sense down and see if that helps.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979