The "Black Goop Session" - now done

• I have an old PRS McCarty that I just put 57/08 pickup in. Will try it now.

Cheers,

Mats N

Those 57/08 should work great. From all I've head they are in the vain of a vintage PAF sound and should be bright enough to be lots of fun with your Black Goop Marshall ;)

I used to have a Custom 22 with the Dragon II pickups and those were very dark and wouldn't have worked with Marshalls too well. I sold the guitar before they came up with the 57/08'S which would have saved the guitar probably.

• Hi Mats
    thanks for your great profiles. I could not resist to quickly take one of your great BT from BT King and noodle a bit with my PRS CE 24 (only neck pickup). Most of it clean and then I engaged also the virtual TS for sustain. It is only the MN Black Goop Clean profile. Just a quick run but the profile matches well the BT in my opinion. Please do not look at every note... :)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11740296

Warm regards and thanks again
    Sacapuntas
    :)

• Hi Sacapuntas,

You do me great honor in naming you jam after me. I wish I had the fluidity of your playing as well as your melodic sense. I have downloaded it and will play it many times in an effort to learn from it.
    Thanks for doing this.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Sacapuntas: Great playing! Trying to learn your licks at the moment. :thumbup:

Mats: Many thanks!! I'm having a blast with your profiles, for the first time I'm tweaking for every guitar because I don't want to loose any vibe changing guitar. You definitely made my day, my week and the all month! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I owe you more than one! :love:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Sacapuntas: Great playing! Trying to learn your licks at the moment. :thumbup:

Mats: Many thanks!! I'm having a blast with your profiles, for the first time I'm tweaking for every guitar because I don't want to loose any vibe changing guitar. You definitely made my day, my week and the all month! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I owe you more than one! :love:

Hi Davide,

You are more than welcome! Fact is, I'm sort of having fun with these myself. Will soon post a new soundclip I just did. Not up to the cool standard of Sacapuntas, but I do what I can.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi,

Couldn't resist recording a blues with my PRS McCarty with 57/08 pickups through the Black Goop Lead profile.

This is a blues where I wanted to highlight the dynamics of the Kemper Profiling Amp.
    Everything is just one profile and everything else is adjusted using picking strength and guitar volume control.

http://soundcloud.com/bt-king/prs-black-goop-blues

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi Larry Nermark :)

wow this is really great and very well played with a lot of dynamics. I hear Mr Carlton around the corner :-). Your profile AND your playing is really very good. Hats up! I am looking forward to your next profiles as it looks that our taste is quite similar. I met Larry for the first time in the early 80ties with his well known 335. Last time I have seen him was may be 2 years ago with his son. Over all the years he still sticked to his special voice that you recognize in the first second. You captured this very well..

All best and thanks for your kind remark on my little session
    Sacapuntas

• Very nice, Mats! Funny, I used that same rig for the "Help The Poor" jam I put on here a few days ago, but mine has an overdrive engaged (plus I'm using a stacked bridge humbucker). Yours is WAY more polished than mine ... ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer