What output?

• Hey everyone,

in order to connect my Kemper with an Boss katana 100 Mk2 which Output would you recommend?
    Main output or monitor output?
    To be honest I’m still confused about what output is best suited for what and was unable to find sufficient info on the web.

I was thinking on buying dual 1/4 to 1/4 cable and connect the boss via the main output for best sound.

How would you recommend I connect an audio interface?

Best regards

• Hi Hamburgo2000.

Monitor output to Boss Katana 100 Mk2 Power Amp In.

On the Profiler, tap the Output button and set it up like this.

What audio interface do you have?

• Hey ST, it’s you again. :)

So for the Power Amp I’ll buy 1/4 to dual 1/4 cable.
    Is there anything I should change in the output menu when using Headphones?

I wanted to try my Behringer Ultra tube gain 500 and if it’s not good I would buy a new one.

Thanks for the help, I’ll be back tomorrow. :)

• Hey ST, it’s you again. :)

So for the Power Amp, I’ll buy 1/4 to dual 1/4 cable.

Why?

You can use 1/4 Tip-Sleeve to 1/4 Tip-Sleeve (e.g., regular guitar cable).

Do not connect to the Boss Katana Guitar input and Power Amp In at the same time. If you do, the guitar input will override the Power Amp In.

For future reference, here's a link to the Boss Katana 100 Mk2 Owner's Guide

Is there anything I should change in the output menu when using Headphones?

Nope. Although you can change the headphone volume in the Output section. But if you are not using the Bose Katana 100 Mk2, just use the Master Volume knob on the Profiler.

Press the Output button.

Press the page button to get to page [2/8]

Headphone volume is at the bottom right of the display.

To be honest I’m still confused about what output is best suited for what and was unable to find sufficient info on the web.

?Download Main Manual 8.2 English ? Click this to download the latest manual in English. Read the Output section (starts on Page 111).

And for recording

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you want help with your interface - please post a link to the owner's manual.

• The question is not so much which output to use but which output SIGNAL to use. You can send most signals to most outputs.

In your case you probably want to send the Master Mono signal. It doesn’t really matter whether you send this to Main Outs or Monitor Outs. However, using Monitor Outs leaves the Main Outs free for something else which generally makes more sense.

• Ok so now I’m sending master mono to my Boss katana which is there plugged in power amp.
    And to be honest now there’s no difference in sound anymore. I’ve tried it with Monitor Cab on and off and tweaked around a bit but not to much because I’m tired as hell.
    Maybe you guys have some solutions?
    Im gonna use my headphones for now as I’ve had a 10 hour work day haha.

On Friday I’ll trouble shoot.

• Ok so now I’m sending master mono to my Boss katana which is there plugged in power amp.
    And to be honest now there’s no difference in sound anymore. I’ve tried it with Monitor Cab on and off and tweaked around a bit but not to much because I’m tired as hell.

are you sending master mono to the Monitor Output? If so there should be a noticeable difference with monitor cab on/off unless you are using a direct profile with no cabinet to turn on/off.

• I’ve decided to give it an in-depth try once more and this time I was convinced.

Same settings as before, Cab off and Master Mono.

But this time I’ve used the boss on 100 Watt, because fuck the neighbors haha (jk, not gonna risk it that much more often during the night)

Anyway, this time I was convinced by the sound of the Boss.
    I compared the sound of the profiles, between the boss and the headphones obsessively. Everything lined up as I wanted it to.
    That being said, sometimes I do have the feeling as if the underlying tone of the boss between profiles and different amps sounds identical.. (Maybe the speaker has to really warm up? It is quite new after all?) But if I compare the profile directly with my headphones it is nearly the same. This is kinda weird haha.
    It might be that my Sennheiser 650 HD are just a tad bit better compared to the Boss Katana 100 MK2 .

I’ll check it out more in depth tomorrow after work.

Thank you very much for your help, I feel like I learned more on how to work my unit and what it is capable of. Can’t wait to read more in the big ass journal.

Till then folks and friends!