Is the touch wah effect good enough?

• Hi guys. So I've been messing a lot around with the touch wah in order to recreate the John Mayer or Tom Misch Qtron Touch Wah effect, but to no avail. At best I'm about 70% there.

I just have one question though. Is it so that some of these Kemper effects are "sub par", without trying to be offensive ofcourse? I am for real looking in to putting my Kemper Stage on a pedalboard and buy me a Qtron and other needed pedals, but I am not sure if I'm wasting money out of the window.. Would it be a good upgrade? Or would it be a sidegrade?

I am looking for that fat, smooth saturated touch wah sound, and to my ears it sounds like the standalone pedals are the top notch ones. I don't know why though?

• As good as the Kemper is, it is not all things. It can't do *everything* as good as the best dedicated pedals.

It can't mimic a real King of Tone so well that you can't tell. Therefore.....I'm buying a King of Tone. Opinions aside, nothing else does what the KoT does. People have tried. Even sticking to Prince of Tones together....and it still isn't the same. The only way to get the KoT sound is to use a KoT.

The Wampler Euphoria is another unique sound I've not found an equivalent for. So I have one on a small board and think nothing less of the KPA while wishing I wasn't so particular about that pedal.

Conversely, the compressor stomp is somewhat limited for me. Not enough to want to spend money and drag a pedal around, though.

To me, not being as good as a dedicated pedal for a (very) specific effect isn't sub-par. It's expected.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I too like a bit of touch wah in some profiles. I have managed to get some good results by limiting the mix amount, turning it up slowly until I have reached what I am looking for.

IMO...the Kemper effects are as good as any other SS "modeler", I also own a Helix. But they are defiantly not up to par with the real thing. I find this especially true with OD effects.

• I'm not happy with the auto wah or touch wah capabilities on the Kemper. Maybe I haven't truly found the right way to use the parameters. If anyone has any tips on how to get the best tones please let us know.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• I'm not happy with the auto wah or touch wah capabilities on the Kemper. Maybe I haven't truly found the right way to use the parameters. If anyone has any tips on how to get the best tones please let us know.

Well, the easiest thing is to start with manual wah parameters that you like, and then switch to touch and attempt to tweak the touch settings as needed. There are some base settings in the pinned wah thread to get you started.

Edit: Start Here: Kemper Wah Settings