What's everybody using for EXP-Pedal?

• I have one Mission EP1-KP, one Mission EP1 with the spring load for pitch shifting to be sure it is always at 0 if I don't need it and one Ernie Ball VPJR Tuner/Volume pedal that I modified to an expression pedal and that I use as a volume pedal with the screen to show me the volume.

• Cry Baby pedals have significant mechanical slop at heel-down position. Regardless of how tight you make the tension band they have a tendency to drop the toe by themselves and trigger the wah when you least want it. If Kemper would add a control to adjust how far the "off" region extends (as Helix has since day one) this would not be such an issue.

That's one of the reasons I don't like using the Mission pedals for anything other than war with the toe switch acting as On/Off. They suffer from pedal droop.

• Do Mission pedals work well in the volume control function mode?

Do Dunlop pedals work well in the controller mode?

Are any differences enough to recommend 1 over the other for a specific role?

I personally don't like my Mission for anything other than Wah. The pedal droop that vt geared mentioned is one reason but the other is that the standard crybaby pedal has a very short travel which is great for was but makes it a bit fiddly for volume or morph type use.

• I use two Dunlop's DVP4 Volume (X) Mini Pedals. I use one as an expression for the Kemper and I plug my guitar in to the other one for a volume pedal, in which I connect the AUX out to a TC PolyTune tuner that I set for always on mode.

• Cry Baby pedals have significant mechanical slop at heel-down position.

I use a Spring to avoid that.

there's a CryBaby model, the 95Q if I don't go wrong, I had for a while that comes stock with a spring sistem and auto engage switch.

I've sold it a long time ago but this is basically How I use my two pedals right now (Bypass @ Heel)

I agree it's not good for many uses but it works for me (Wah and Morph function, rarely pitch fuction assigned)