Times Of Grace | Rescue | Guitar/Bass Cover

• Hey Kemper Community!

Check out my latest metal cover of "Rescue" from the new Times of Grace album. After reading a lot about the debate between dual tracked vs. quad tracked guitars, I have to say that since I've been quad tracking with two different profiles (this song), my metal guitar mixes have been sounding ALOT better. Granted quad tracking does take more time to tightly edit/EQ everything (DI track is a must for editing!), I've been super stoked w/ the end result. :thumbup:

Thanks for watching! :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I discovered Time Of Grace recently and been listening them a lot. Your cover sounds/looks great! Also huge props for sharing an instrumental track.

How did you go around panning quad track though just curious?

• I discovered Time Of Grace recently and been listening them a lot. Your cover sounds/looks great! Also huge props for sharing an instrumental track.

How did you go around panning quad track though just curious?

Thanks, I appreciate it! So for the panning it went like this...6505 LEFT/right and 5153 RIGHT/left.

So both 6505 tracks were hard panned R/L and the same for the 5153, however in the mix, I made the LEFT side have the 6505 significantly more pronounced and the RIGHT side have 5153 more pronounced. Then each profile went to its separate guitar bus where I believe I had the 6505 louder and the 5153 buried underneath. You can blend to taste at that point.

I've never seen an exact formula for quad tracking/panning, but this setup seems to work pretty well! :thumbup:

Oh and I also tracked all performances with an accompanying DI track so I could go back in and make any necessary edits to line everything up super tight. I think this step right here is 75% of the final tone!

• Interesting, this sounds similar to crospanning reverb, might try this one day.