[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• Edited as an update. Armin from Soundside.de has worked above and beyond to resolve my concerns and make certain I have the files I ordered!!! First rate product, over the top service!! - 1fastdog

Armin,

I ordered the Pink Taco profiles as well as the '57 Deluxe. Fender files were downloadable. The PT file is a license key and it advises the file needs to be downloaded.

Unfortunately, I can't locate the info on where and how to download the Pink Taco profiles. I am, no doubt, missing the obvious. I'd appreciate any assistance or locale for the files.
    < UPDATE - Login now show I have no valid orders ! > Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I also messaged the product info address as it was the only one I could locate easily.

Paul Byther

Edited 3 times, last by 1fastdog: UPDATE ().

• I can see the order for the Deluxe but not the one for the Friedman - I just send you an email.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Special thanks to Armin for the great profile work, amp choice and above and beyond service in making certain I got what I ordered. One can't expect any better service. I pretty certain the glitch was on my end. Thanks again Armin!
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I had a chance to play through a Freidman Pink Taco a while back and thought it was what I'd really want out of a "perfect for me world" Marshall 20 watter to sound like. :love: It's a pack to seriously consider getting. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• Yes, this amp is a killer!

Some more information about it:

The Marsha Amps were my favorite amp models in the AxeFx.
    Unfortunately were this amps not available here in Germany.

"Msrsha BE" was renamed later in '"Friedman BE100" - I think the brand name "Marsha" was to close to "Marshall"

The Friedman amps are available here via Musik-Produktiv:
    http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/friedman-brown-eye-100.html

I was on the "waiting list" for a BE-100 for some time - but they did not get the amps to Germany - for whatever reason.
    Musik-Produktiv had one in their demo room and I played it a lot and compared it with other amps - for hours - and finally got the Bogner Goldfinger instead of the BE-100.
    The Goldfinger is much more flexible and has also some great british sounds in - btw. the Goldfingers 80th Mode with the activated booster sounds very close to the 'HBE = hairy brown eye' sound of the BE-100.

I was - and still am - very happy with the Goldfinger - but saw the Pink Taco at Musikmesse - checked it out - and WOW - I liked this one even more then the BE-100.

-Single channel amp (seams to be even more direct compared to the dual channel design of the BE-100
    -I don't need a 100Watt amp - 20Watt is fine
    -Effects loop works great
    -Hand wired
    -and I like the look and sound very much.

IMHO does the profiles capture a great bit of the magic of this amp - this is because of the great amp/cabinet combination - but as well because I upgraded my studio in the last time - and this can be heard even in the profiles. :)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• A few things:

The mic combination for (packs #54 and #56) was a Royer R121 and a Rode NT - that was not possible with my old favorite mic preamp - since one needs phantom power and the other will be destroyed by it - the old micpre can only switch phantom power for both channels - that was the reason why I wanted to replace it.

Tried a bunch of different mic preamps and found that the Chandler Limited TG-2 works best for me.
    (used for pack#52 and newer - but not pack#55).

All cables were upgraded (Guitar, Kemper to amp, soeaker, mic's) in the studio (pack#56 is the first with this setup)

4 reference cabinets are now in use - all of them got some extra time (together with the new cables) to "burn in":
    Elmwood with Celestion Vintage30 speakers
    Marshall with Celestion Creambacks
    Mesa Boogie Thiele with Electro Voice EVM 12L
    Kammler Turnator with Celestion Alnico Gold

Its much easier to find the best speaker with the new amp/speaker switcher - where I can switch very fast between all the combinations.

btw. I still create raw amp profiles and do not use any EQ's (hardware, software, tone matching) or whatever in the signal chain.

Edited 10 times, last by Armin ().

• I bought the Pink Taco profiles yesterday evening, they are indeed as good as the Plexi E, same type of vibe with a bit more lows mids and gain, bright but not fizzy, as a huge fan of Jerry Cantrell I'm more than happy, thanks !!

• Armin... I picked up the Pink Taco and 52 Deluxe today... man I really dig both sets of profiles.. that 52 sounds great with my Tele and Strat... love the old school vibe with a bit of grunge but also very clean.. and the Taco just smokes my 175...

thanks for the great profiles!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Great DukeOURL I'm glad you like them as well - enjoy!

This Friedman amp replaced my old Marshall amp - sounds just so much better.

btw. the two new recording packs are out - more about them soon.

• Armin... I picked up the Pink Taco and 52 Deluxe today... man I really dig both sets of profiles.. that 52 sounds great with my Tele and Strat... love the old school vibe with a bit of grunge but also very clean.. and the Taco just smokes my 175...

thanks for the great profiles!

Hmmmm. My Tele liked that 52 as well. We must both have human ears!!! :thumbup: