Kemper return policy- shipping charges

• I just wanted to let everyone know (in case you already didn't) that you will be 100% responsible for shipping costs on a return when you order directly from Kemper. I recently ordered a Kemper Powered Kabinet directly from Kemper USA and decided to stick with my Neumann KH-120 studio monitors. I emailed Kemper USA a couple of days later and it took them a week to respond back to me simply stating to return the Kabinet for a full refund. I've returned gear in the past and most companies will issue either a UPS or FedEx return label. Not so with Kemper. I was fully responsible for the UPS shipping cost of $116.56. Just a heads up because I wasn't aware of this policy.

• Sweetwater has a free 2 year guarantee even if the manufacture doesn't, provides free shipping (at least in US), and provides for free returns. I am not affiliated with them, but I they are my number source for music equipment purchases. I bought all my Kemper equipment thru them.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yeah, I usually buy almost everything from Sweetwater. They only had the unpowered Kabinets in stock, not the powered Kabs. My mistake. I should've just waited until they had them because this wouldn't have been an issue.

• Return shipping for items confirmed as defective is 100% covered by Kemper. Return shipping on items simply because you don’t want them is not.

Also, Kemper in the US was closed for the holiday 25th and 26th.

• Wait a sec….Sweetwater does not pay shipping on returns. Matter of fact, if you return an item ‘just because’ that had free shipping, they deduct the outbound cost from your return amount.

From the Sweetwater return policy:

If you are not satisfied with any new product, for any reason, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price or an in-house credit, or you may exchange for another product within a fair amount of time from the shipping date (usually 30 days). If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.

Nowhere does it say they’ll pay the return charges on non-defective items.

Even if defective- it’s nowhere close to a given.

You’d have paid shipping no matter who you bought it from.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Wait a sec….Sweetwater does not pay shipping on returns. Matter of fact, if you return an item ‘just because’ that had free shipping, they deduct the outbound cost from your return amount.

Nowhere does it say they’ll pay the return charges on non-defective items.

Even if defective- it’s nowhere close to a given.

You’d have paid shipping no matter who you bought it from.

They have done it for me every time. It's not that they "pay you back" for shipping. They send you a pre-paid return shipping label. So, maybe they just do it for me since I am kind of famous. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• They have done it for me every time. It's not that they "pay you back" for shipping. They send you a pre-paid return shipping label. So, maybe they just do it for me since I am kind of famous. ;)

That may be the case - but it is not their published policy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Chose not to keep my Kemper Kabinet as about a week into attempting to get a response from Kemper (emails and now phone call to Kemper in Colorado). I've had no responses as of yet as I'm am quite surprised as I have been a powered Kemper Toaster and Stage owner for several years now. If you are reading this Kemper reps, please help me get this returned back to you. thx in advance. Jeff

• Chose not to keep my Kemper Kabinet as about a week into attempting to get a response from Kemper (emails and now phone call to Kemper in Colorado). I've had no responses as of yet as I'm am quite surprised as I have been a powered Kemper Toaster and Stage owner for several years now. If you are reading this Kemper reps, please help me get this returned back to you. thx in advance. Jeff

It took a week before I heard back from them. The communication from the US Store is very slow.