Ethernet Mod

• Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the ethernet port? Is it just standard? I have the same ethernet port problem on my Powered toaster everyone else seems to have in that is real loose and disconnects the pedalboard sometimes. I have wired ethernet ports before. Is it just a standard jack or are there some additional buffer chips or something also. I am thinking about doing the mod myself.

• Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the ethernet port? Is it just standard? I have the same ethernet port problem on my Powered toaster everyone else seems to have in that is real loose and disconnects the pedalboard sometimes. I have wired ethernet ports before. Is it just a standard jack or are there some additional buffer chips or something also. I am thinking about doing the mod myself.

Write to support, I had this issue and they explained the part to replace etc. but they said it is a standard ethernet port f I remember correctly

• Is this issue super common then?
    Just got my Profiler Toaster and want to prolong it as much as I can.
    I don't move it much but I will eventually want to take it to a practice. Any tips?

• Is this issue super common then?
    Just got my Profiler Toaster and want to prolong it as much as I can.
    I don't move it much but I will eventually want to take it to a practice. Any tips?

Personally, avoid plugging and unplugging it. I had mine plugged in for 7 years, never an issue. I decided I wanted to have a rack port and managed to loosen mine up where I have to give it a jiggle now. BTW, this is the rack/toaster end. No issues with the remote which I do plug and unplug every gig.

To be fair its the only issue I've had with mine in nearly 8 years, so I'm not going to grumble too much :)

• I’ve had a Toaster for 3 years now. I disconnect and reconnect the Remote cable a minimum of three times a week.

It takes longer to explain this than it does to actually do.

I am careful (deliberate…whatever) when inserting and removing the plug. Don’t pull and don’t rush - let the release tab do the work.

I also make sure the cable isn’t putting tension on the plug. Depending on the situation I may gaff tape the cable to the floor/stand….whatever, leaving enough slop for the plug to find it’s natural orientation. Or, I loop the cable cable in some way (think guitar cord looped through the strap).

That way the plug is isolated from any tension the cable might see when some bonehead (usually me) doesn’t secure the cable elsewhere and trips on it.

I do wish the junction were more robust, but some care and thought has worked for me.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think this is the difference...care and attention. I suspect I loosened mine because its in a rack and you have to prod around a bit ;)

• I think this is the difference...care and attention. I suspect I loosened mine because its in a rack and you have to prod around a bit ;)

That makes sense. With the Toaster it’s *right* there. ??

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche