Thomas McRocklin MCR6X Signature Model Kiesel Guitar

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder when companies start making signature guitars for Jeffrey Sfeffenson.

You don't know him? Let me tell you the story:

"Jeffrey Steffenson lives in suburbs of Kentucky, he was a student of a musical school, but dropped it after two years.

He now works as a clerk in an investment bank, makes average yearly income. He bought used red Jackson SL1 from 2007 with basswood body and maple fretboard, but struggles to learn pentatonic."

Back in the days, you had to be Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, SRV with significant legacy to get signature guitar.

And don't buy signatures, don't try being "that" rockstar, it's worth only being yourself in life, which most people miss doing, having in result miserable experience.

For those wondering, Jeffrey Steffenson is a fictional character, made up for this case.

• Looks better :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• This isn't true. Jackson have just released the JS-1 which has been made by scanning Jeffrey's much loved squier affinity strat which he has played for just over a year. It has his unique take on a strat, being white and with a maple neck.

Seriously I sort of agree, but there is something nice about getting the guitar played by your heroes...only to find out you sound nothing like them :). I also think that if an artist can get a signature, then fair play to them. Its then down to market economics on whether its a success. Some signatures take on a life of their own though...Steve Vai's Ibanez I attribute less and less to him as the Jem series has grown. Same with the Music Man Axis, born out of the EVH.

Now isn;t that a Paul Gilbert Ibanez in your Avatar ;)

• Yeah, that's Ibanez PGM301 Paul Gilbert singature in my avatar. It costed me ~1000USD in 2008 and lot of blood, tears and desperation since that time. I looks gorgeous, I was astonished by Paul's playing, I even learnt to play 2 songs (but without solos), but never came any further, and not sure if ever will.

However PGM301 stays with me, even if I just looked at it ? because I'm playing strat right now.

My take on singatures was that you don't have to be B.B.King, or Jimi Hendrix. Of course it's up to company's marketing strategy. But what if Mercedes came out with C180 Adele Edition? ? I'm sure AMG owners would feel weird ?

• Yeah, that's Ibanez PGM301 Paul Gilbert singature in my avatar. It costed me ~1000USD in 2008 and lot of blood, tears and desperation since that time. I looks gorgeous, I was astonished by Paul's playing, I even learnt to play 2 songs (but without solos), but never came any further, and not sure if ever will.

However PGM301 stays with me, even if I just looked at it ? because I'm playing strat right now.

My take on singatures was that you don't have to be B.B.King, or Jimi Hendrix. Of course it's up to company's marketing strategy. But what if Mercedes came out with C180 Adele Edition? ? I'm sure AMG owners would feel weird ?

Paul is a freak...his abilities are shocking! Its a nice guitar dude!

Mercedes would never do an Adele Edition, it would clash with her Audi A3 TSI Adele Special s line...

• I agree...personally I would never buy a signature guitar. I dont need anyone, famous or not, making any kind of artistic decisions for me!